Thanks very much, Fred.

jeremy
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: The Music of Italy

Post by mballan »

Carlo Albanesi. Born 1856, Naples: died 1926, London. Anglo-Italian pianist and composer. Studied piano with his father, and later harmony and composition with Pinto and Falconi. Toured Italy and France until 1878 then settled in England from 1882. Apppointed professor at Royal Acadamy of Music in London in 1893. Held various appointments with leading music establishments throughout his life. Composed a number of piano pieces including 6 sonatas and a set of 12 preludes.

I have posted his 1st piano sonata [thanks to Mr P].

Malcolm
Albanesi C - Sonata No. 1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Very good. Thank you.
racucur

Post by racucur »

Great !!! Thank You.
I would really appreciate if someone of You could post again: Tito Mattei' s "Grand Valse de Concert - Le Tourbillon"
My grandma could play it very well
Would be nice to walk down memory lane...
Love
Lele, Modena, Italy
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

here it is (nms)
Mattei - Grande Valse de Concert.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
racucur

Post by racucur »

WOW !
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Another work by Albanesi [bio details above on this thread] - his Suite Op 60.
Albanesi C - Suite Op.60.pdf
Malcolm & Mr P
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

mballan wrote:Another work by Albanesi [bio details above on this thread] - his Suite Op 60.

Malcolm & Mr P

Sensational ! Thank you !!
Best regards, Ferruccio
gigiranalli
Pianophiliac

Post by gigiranalli »

Hi everybody,
the two scores I'm attaching have nothing to do with classical music, but with an Italian novelty and jazz musician, Alberto Semprini.
He was a pianist and music director in the '30s and '40s and he was quite popular in Italy and England.
In the attachment you'll find his novelty arrangement of a Giovanni D'Anzi song, "Il Maestro Improvvisa" (the maestro improvises).
Everybody (in Italy, of course) well remembers D'Anzi for his very famous "O Mia Bela Madunina", but he actually wrote a number of successful songs, almost forgotten today.
I'm also attaching the Semprini arrangement of Hoagy Carmichael's well know "Stardust" (known in Italy as "Polvere di Stelle"), as a further example of his intricate piano style.
I hope you enjoy.
Ciao :)
Luigi
Stardust (arranged by Semprini).pdf
Il Maestro Improvvisa (arranged by Semprini).pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Thank you gigiranalli......growing up in a totally non-music family [still reckon I'm the missing child of some artistocratic family].......the only music I remember are pieces like the Warsaw Concerto or music by Semprini......and I still have fond memories of the many pieces that at least sowed the seeds of my passion for classical music.

A work by the composer Francesco Neglia (1874-1932). Interesting website about the composer [created by a relative] at http://www.jimneglia.com.

Hopefully will please the Toccata enthusaists ! His L'arpista fantastico [Toccata].

Malcolm & Mr P
Neglia F - L'arpista fantastico. Toccata.pdf