Music from the British Isles

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from the British Isles

Post by alfor »

Ireland's complete Piano works are still in Print (Thames).
So they ARE available and I personally would not post Scans of this Edition, which I posess.

Best regards
alfor
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

alfor wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:19 pm Ireland's complete Piano works are still in Print (Thames).
So they ARE available and I personally would not post Scans of this Edition, which I posess.

Best regards
alfor
Remember guidance on copyright is given on this site - under the 'Welcome to Pianophilia' thread.

Alfor is correct and works currently in print should not be posted on Pianophilia. I know we all like something for free, but we should where possible support music publishers if works are still in print. If in doubt on uploading a file to PP, then feel free to message me.

Malcolm
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Does anyone know please where to find a complete chronological list of works by Sir Arthur Somervell? Also, has there ever been a detailed biography written about this composer?
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Timtin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:47 pm Does anyone know please where to find a complete chronological list of works by Sir Arthur Somervell? Also, has there ever been a detailed biography written about this composer?
From Grove...(selected list)

song cycles

Maud (Tennyson), 1898, GB-Lbl; Love in Springtime (Tennyson, Rossetti, Kingsley), 1901; The Shropshire Lad (Housman), 1904; James Lee’s Wife (Browning), 1907; A Broken Arc (Browning), 1923
choral

Mass, c, 1891; A Song of Praise, 1891; Joan of Arc (M.H. Collet), 1893; The Forsaken Merman (Arnold), 1895; The Power of Sound (Wordsworth), 1895; Elegy (Bridges), 1896; The Charge of the Light Brigade (Tennyson), 1896; Ode to the Sea (L. Binyon), 1897; Ode on the Intimations of Immortality (Wordsworth), 1907; Mass, d, 1907; The Passion of Christ, 1914; Christmas, 1926
orchestral

Helen of Kirkconnell, orch ballad, 1893; In Arcady, suite, 1897; Sym. Variations ‘Normandy’, 1912; Sym. ‘Thalassa’, d, 1912; Pf Conc. ‘The Highland’, 1921; Vn Conc., g, 1932

Grove also mentions: K. Shenton: ‘Sir Arthur Somervell’, Journal of the British Music Society, ix (1987), 45–54

Regards
Fred
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Thank you Fred. I looked in various places for a complete chronological list of every composition, but all I could find was bits-n-bobs. Maybe Somervell would benefit from a researcher to produce a complete catalogue of his works, plus a detailed biography, assuming that whatever information Grove has is somewhat condensed.
Paul
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano (amateur)

Post by Paul »

... a little addition to the Litolff batch from April: just found this on archive.org (scanned by Duke library) and converted it to bw ...
Litolff op.83 6 Lieder ohne Worte.pdf
Best regards

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cheah sc
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by cheah sc »

Anybody have Robin Milford Concertino in E maj for Piano and string orchestra Op. 106 score? very fine work and full of wonderful tunes. as well as Prelude and Fugue for solo piano and string orchestra and timpani Op. 26 or Fishing By Moonlight for Piano/harpsichord and orchestra Op. 96 thanks
dhruvapunde

Post by dhruvapunde »

Here's Orlando Gibbon's Italian Ground Allemande, Glenn Gould has a great recording of the piece. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJjo_K8gbQ
Italian Ground.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind Regards, Dhruva

my score videos - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGN3RVAodiogEyT4PSwIavg
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing well! I would like to ask you if someone has some information or sheet music on/by Harold Truscott?

Many thanks in advance!