4 hands on TWO pianos

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
paolor
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: 4 hands on TWO pianos

Post by paolor »

A little revival for this thread... and a VERY BIG THANK YOU for the many scores offered here, some of which incredible rarities!!

Bw,
paolor
Weber Behn Ouvertüre Oberon 2P.pdf
Weber Behn Ouvertüre Euryanthe 2P.pdf
Weber Behn Ouvertüre Freischütz 2P.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mouchette

Post by Mouchette »

I want to be the first to thank you, Paolor! All the 2P transcriptions are welcome.
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

My Xmas gift to all pianophiliacs, in particular to the [small :-( ] subgroup of 2P enthousiasts!

And a special big THANKS to Malcolm for his engagement and all his successful work for PPh - which might not exist any more without him!!! Many thanks also to the moderators - much of their work we simply don't get to see or notice, I'm sure.

Merry Christmas - Joyeux Noel - Buon Natale - Glaedelig Jul - Frohe Weihnachten
paolor
Strauss R op.64 Singer Eine Alpensymphonie 2P.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aggelos
Pianophiliac

Post by Aggelos »

Ravel-Gryaznov (nms)

Moderator edit:
I have removed the Ravel Gryaznov Daphnis & Chloe transcription. Please see my post below.
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

Aggelos wrote:Ravel-Gryaznov (nms)
Many thanks for this version of Ravel's masterpiece which I didn't have so far.

Bw,
paolor
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

Aggelos wrote:Ravel-Gryaznov (nms)
I'm going to be very picky about this.

1. Gryaznov is alive. So you MUST always THINK before posting this kind of thing.

2. Fortunately for us, Gryaznov has supplied this as well as other transcriptions on his own website.

3. As a matter of common courtesy to Vyacheslav Gryaznov I would prefer members to link to the composer-transcriber's own website rather than reposting here. It is not a matter of space limitations here but rather I suspect Gryaznov would prefer to have at least a reasonable estimate of how many downloads of his work there have been. Reposting here subverts that notion totally.

I have removed the Daphnis & Chloe transcription above - it can still be downloaded from http://www.gryaznoff.com/

So please people, THINK before you post. Thank you.
Aggelos
Pianophiliac

Post by Aggelos »

Oops, that's my second blunder..... : :oops: :(
Next time, I will post only the url to the site - no attachments.

Well we think before we post, but sometimes the knowledge-base for the "thinking" is insufficient.
For instance I wasn't aware that the piano-realisations are copyrighted (if the composer is still alive).
Secondly , how can somebody know the year of death for each transcriber?
There are dates missing in the OT and also various transcribers are not included.
http://www.pianophilia.com/ot/

Thus if somebody posts a transcription that comes from a transcriber who died in the 80s and his name is not included in the OT, obviously the knowledge-base for the "thinking" is insufficient.
rob
Pianomaniac

Post by rob »

Aggelos wrote:...sometimes the knowledge-base for the "thinking" is insufficient.
For instance I wasn't aware that the piano-realisations are copyrighted (if the composer is still alive).
Secondly , how can somebody know the year of death for each transcriber?
There are dates missing in the OT and also various transcribers are not included.
http://www.pianophilia.com/ot/

Thus if somebody posts a transcription that comes from a transcriber who died in the 80s and his name is not included in the OT, obviously the knowledge-base for the "thinking" is insufficient.
Thanks. Yes indeed! The easiest answer is always to think biographically and jot down what you know and the links that you may have found on the web which may give us a clue. If you do not know these details, then simply say so! We have six administrators, so one of us may be able to take a view fairly quickly. Alternatively drop one of us a line via a PM.

We are being ever more cautious in the certain knowledge that the powers that be are looking at us and we must ALL be responsible. There is much valuable work going on here and we must continually demonstrate our responsible approach to these issues. In the case of the Gryaznov, it was only a matter of politeness that was really being infringed. I hope someone will invite him to join our number!

We should perhaps try to outline the legal position with regard to transcriptions elsewhere. We had quite a detailed exchange on the matter amongst the admin team.

Rob
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

Did anyone just by chance download the two piano version of Grieg's Norwegischer Brautzug (transcribed by Louis Rée) - see https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1 from the Rochester library. It's in fact the first time that I see such a restriction:

UR Research > ESM - Sibley Music Library > Musical Scores >
Fünf Klavierstücke / von Edvard Grieg ; für 2 Klaviere zu 4 Händen bearbeitet von Louis Rée.
URL to cite or link to: http://hdl.handle.net/1802/9004
39087012851541.pdf (Restricted Access) You can try Logging In score
39087012851541color cover.pdf 768.11 KB (No. of downloads : 6)
39087012851541circ record.pdf 27.93 KB (No. of downloads : 4)

I did create an account, however to no avail. In case someone was successful I'd be very glad if (s)he could upload the score here.

Bw,
paolor
rob
Pianomaniac

Post by rob »

paolor wrote:Did anyone just by chance download the two piano version of Grieg's Norwegischer Brautzug (transcribed by Louis Rée) - see https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1 from the Rochester library. It's in fact the first time that I see such a restriction:

UR Research > ESM - Sibley Music Library > Musical Scores >
Fünf Klavierstücke / von Edvard Grieg ; für 2 Klaviere zu 4 Händen bearbeitet von Louis Rée.
URL to cite or link to: http://hdl.handle.net/1802/9004
39087012851541.pdf (Restricted Access) You can try Logging In score
39087012851541color cover.pdf 768.11 KB (No. of downloads : 6)
39087012851541circ record.pdf 27.93 KB (No. of downloads : 4)

I did create an account, however to no avail. In case someone was successful I'd be very glad if (s)he could upload the score here.

Bw,
paolor
Paolor

I suggest you email Jim Farrington at Sibley. One of the scores is now withdrawn because it was a duplicate. I suspect they suspended both scores whilst they worked out what to do! And have forgotten to release the remaining score...