French Piano Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by musiclife217 »

Jean-Séb wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 am Thanks, Hobbypianist. I believe we have already most of Godard's works.
Just off the top of my head, I think that we are missing a great number of pieces among the 5 opus numbers of the 'Magic Lantern' series (Lanterne Magique).
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

musiclife217 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 am Just off the top of my head, I think that we are missing a great number of pieces among the 5 opus numbers of the 'Magic Lantern' series (Lanterne Magique).
Thanks for the hint. Still another piece from Polona: Op.110/6 - Polonaise ...not much, but better than nothing.
HP
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

musiclife217 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:54 am
Jean-Séb wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 am Thanks, Hobbypianist. I believe we have already most of Godard's works.
Just off the top of my head, I think that we are missing a great number of pieces among the 5 opus numbers of the 'Magic Lantern' series (Lanterne Magique).
What particular pieces are missing from the Lanterne Magique, as a matter of interest?

4c
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

4candles wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:30 pm
What particular pieces are missing from the Lanterne Magique, as a matter of interest?

4c
This should be a list of all the missing pieces from IMSLP.

Lanterne magique II, Op.55
1. Postillon
2. Poëte
3. Trois Inconnues
5. Mignon

Lanterne magique III, Op.66
1. Mendelssohn
3. Schumann
4. Lansquenets
5. Esméralda
6. Marcel (le Huguenot)

Lanterne magique IV, Op.110
3. Espagnole (Boléro)
4. Indienne
-------------------------------------------------
tracyross
Instruments played, if any: Piano, electric keyboards, harpsichord, organ, trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet, piccolo trumpet

Post by tracyross »

I'm looking for Reynaldo Hahn's 'Pièces d'amour et autres inédits for piano', in particular, 'Creation du Monde. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tracy
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

tracyross wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:56 am I'm looking for Reynaldo Hahn's 'Pièces d'amour et autres inédits for piano', in particular, 'Creation du Monde. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tracy
That's a fairly new (2013) publication still readily available.

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/pi ... c/20752644
tracyross
Instruments played, if any: Piano, electric keyboards, harpsichord, organ, trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet, piccolo trumpet

Post by tracyross »

Thank you!
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Jim Faston wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:19 pm
4candles wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:30 pm

4c
This should be a list of all the missing pieces from IMSLP.

Lanterne magique II, Op.55
1. Postillon
2. Poëte
3. Trois Inconnues
5. Mignon

Lanterne magique III, Op.66
1. Mendelssohn
3. Schumann
4. Lansquenets
5. Esméralda
6. Marcel (le Huguenot)

Lanterne magique IV, Op.110
3. Espagnole (Boléro)
4. Indienne
-------------------------------------------------
I did not realize that I had Op. 66 No. 06 - Marcel (le Huguenot) !

Godard, Benjamin - Op. 66 No. 06 - Marcel le Huguenot
Godard, Benjamin-Op. 66 No. 06-Marcel le Huguenot.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phillip210
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Phillip210 »

The British Library has the whole of Part III plus Indienne. I am a member of that, so next time I go there I will see if I can scan the missing pieces. They also have a volume marked 'Lanterne Magique' with 12 pieces in it for which the catalogue reference doesn't state opus numbers, so that could contain other missing pieces.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Phillip210 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:43 pm The British Library has the whole of Part III plus Indienne. I am a member of that, so next time I go there I will see if I can scan the missing pieces. They also have a volume marked 'Lanterne Magique' with 12 pieces in it for which the catalogue reference doesn't state opus numbers, so that could contain other missing pieces.
That would be lovely - it would be intriguing to see/hear his imitations of the other composers!