Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by mballan »

Thanks Caostotale, strangely I didn't have your copy of the Vol. 5....not sure how I missed that as always eagle-eyed for anything Russian !

Another new composer to me, but a good selection of his piano works.

Anton Olegovich Viskov. Born 1965, Moscow. Russian composer, musical educator and publicist, musicologist and textologist.

Graduate of the Moscow State Conservatoire – flute with Dolzhikov and composition with Lehman. Also undertook further studies with Sviridov, Ledenev and Gladkov.. Corresponding Member of the International Academy of Creativity, composer of the International Foundation for the Unity of Orthodox Peoples, researcher of folklore and early music.

Participant of domestic and international festivals including: ‘Russian Winter’, ‘Talents of Russia’, ‘Stars in the Kremlin’, ‘Moscow Autumn’, and ‘Mystery of Russia’. A lecturer, and a leading music consultant on radio programs. Viskov is the Artistic Director and composer of the Moscow Ensemble of sacred music ‘Blagovest’. Along with his passion for sacred music, he has also composed music for cinema and documentaries.

Viskov A - Selection of Pieces for Piano (2013).pdf
1. Three Pieces in an Olden Style
a. Capriccioso
b. Minuet
c. Toccata
2. The ‘Chimes’ Cycle
- On the Ashes
3. Spring and Autumn
a. Morning in the Forest
b. Autumn Mood
4. The Lovely Land
a. Old Legend
b. Troubadour Song
c. Joyful Morning
5. About Olden Times
6. Starring in Children’s Pictures
a. Carefree Talk
b. Lullaby
c. Corrupted Music Box
d. Chasing a Toy Car
7. Petit ‘Pas de Deux’
8. In Memory of Gavrilina for Piano & 4 hands
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Concert Pieces by Soviet Composers – Vol. 6 (Muzyka 1986)
1. Prokofiev S - Op 62 ‘Pensées’ Three Pieces
2. Alexandrov Y M - Piano Sonata No. 4
3. Kikta W – Op 20 Choral, Improvisation & Allegro Barbaro
4. Pechersky B - Concert Capriccio
5. Guseynov F - Fuga
6. Vavilov G - Native Tunes
7. Shagdaron D - Three Pieces (March, Lullaby & Games)
8. Mynov A - Piano Sonata No. 3
9. Dalgat D - Prelude and Fugue
10. Dalgat D - Dagestan Rhapsody

Concert Pieces by Soviet Composers - Vol. 6 (Muzyka 1986 edt. Bunin).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nickbit
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by nickbit »

Hello forum, I am looking for Alexander Tcherepnin - 4 Arabesques op. 11 but cannot find it anywhere in print.
The only thing available is a 5th (!) one here: https://www.jwpepper.com/Allegretto-fro ... 07234.item

Any help appreciated!
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

nickbit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am Hello forum, I am looking for Alexander Tcherepnin - 4 Arabesques op. 11 but cannot find it anywhere in print.
The only thing available is a 5th (!) one here: https://www.jwpepper.com/Allegretto-fro ... 07234.item

Any help appreciated!
Hi Nickbit

Although I have a lot of music by Tcherepnin I have never come across any copies of Op 11 (by the way it was originally just 4 arabesques for piano but later he added a 5th piece for vioin & piano). And the problem with libraries is that as Tcherepnin died only in 1977 so all of his music would remain under copyright, and hence most libraries would not allow copies. They were originally published by Heugel, might be worth e-mailing them to see if they can arrange a copy for you ?

Malcolm
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Vyasheslav Ivanovich Volkov. Born 1904, Volsk, Saratov province (September 28) : died 1980, Moscow. Soviet composer.

From 1920-1922 he studied piano at the Saratov Conservatoire. And from 1924-1929 he studied composition at Gnesin College of Music in Moscow.

He lived and worked in Moscow until the end of his life and served in World War II. Since 1932 - member of the USSR Union of Composers.

A few of his pieces were shared by Caostotale in some of the various albums he kindly posted.

Volkov V - 'Dancing Seconds' Pieces for Piano (1978).pdf
‘Dancing Second’ Album of Thirty-six Pieces for Young People (c. 1978)
1. Tune
2. Etude
3. Joke
4. Echo
5. Skipping-rope Game
6. Imitation
7. Melodic Etude
8. Affectionate Song
9. Spring Came
10. Sad Song
11. Russian Dance
12. Chatterbox
13. Reflection
14. Snowdrop
15. Dance
16. Early Morning
17. Fun Mood
18. Good Night
19. On the Poultry Farm
20. Dancing Seconds
21. Clown’s Exit
22. Jumper
23. Ballet Lesson
24. Etude
25. Little Mazurka
26. Quiet Evening
27. Autumn Prelude
28. Small Mazurka
29. Complaining Bird
30. Joke [Shutka]
31. Dusk
32. Spring
33. Outside, in the Rain
34. Waltz of the Puppets
35. Song of Friends
36. Bear’s Dance
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

mballan wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:55 am
nickbit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am Hello forum, I am looking for Alexander Tcherepnin - 4 Arabesques op. 11 but cannot find it anywhere in print.

Any help appreciated!
Hi Nickbit

Although I have a lot of music by Tcherepnin I have never come across any copies of Op 11 (by the way it was originally just 4 arabesques for piano but later he added a 5th piece for vioin & piano). And the problem with libraries is that as Tcherepnin died only in 1977 so all of his music would remain under copyright, and hence most libraries would not allow copies. They were originally published by Heugel, might be worth e-mailing them to see if they can arrange a copy for you ?

Malcolm
These may be difficult to locate. They were issued separately by Heugel in 1925. The only library source I see in Worldcat is the BNF which holds all 5. They should be out of copyright in the US fairly soon.
nickbit
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by nickbit »

Jim Faston wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:33 am
mballan wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:55 am

Any help appreciated!
Hi Nickbit

Malcolm
These may be difficult to locate. They were issued separately by Heugel in 1925. The only library source I see in Worldcat is the BNF which holds all 5. They should be out of copyright in the US fairly soon.
Thank you mballan and Jim Faston for the quick replies and the useful info. Will contact Heugel and report here the outcome.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Nickbit / Jim

Berlin also has copies of the four Arabesques..................but as with BnF they will not allow copies because in Europe copyright is 70 years, which mean they will not be available until 2047 !!!!!!!!

Best bet is to ask Heugel.........hopefully they can supply a copy of the score, or give you a letter granting permission from said libraries. I've done that numerous times across the many centuries I've been collecting !

Malcolm
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Concert Pieces by Soviet Composers – Vol. 7 (Soviet Composer 1978 Moscow)
1. Nazarova T – Bylina and Fugue-Dance
2. Khodosh V – Three Pieces from the Piano Suite:
a. Sarabande
b. Minuet
c. Gigue
3. Dvoirin P – Grandfather’s Holiday:
a. Grandfather's Day
b. Twilight
c. Beyond the Outskirts
d. Elnet River
e. Grandson's Shoes
f. Rural Souvenir
g. Morning Song
h. The Legend
i. Solemn choir
4. Murov A - Partita

Concert Pieces by Soviet Composers - Vol. 7 (Soviet Composer 1978 Moscow).pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

You're probably getting bored with these Concert Pieces.......but today's posting.

Concert Pieces by Soviet Composers – Vol. 8 (Muzyka 1988)
1. Prokofiev S – Op 95 Three Pieces from the ballet ‘Cinderella’
a. Gavotte
b. Adagio
c. Waltz
2. Shostakovich D - Three Preludes from Op 34 [Nos. 2, 10 & 24]
3. Kataev I - Two Pieces from the cycle ‘Six Virtuoso Pieces’
a. Prelude
b. Dance
4. Belyalov R - Capriccio
5. Blok V - Variations on the theme of Schuman
6. Nazarov-Metner T - Two Pictures
7. Muravlev V - Two Pieces
a. Prelude
b. Tune
8. Pechersky B - Humoresque
9. Bobylev L. Quasi menuetto: Variations

Concert Pieces by Soviet Composers - Vol. 8 (Muzyka 1988 Moscow).pdf