Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by ilu »

Dear Malcolm:

Thank you very much for the scores of Yury Andreyevich Vesnyak.

As I remember, we already have some of his compositions, I will dedicate the weekend to learn more about this composer.

Best regards.
Quo melius Illac
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

ilu wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:34 pmAs I remember, we already have some of his compositions
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=570&p=23003&hilit=vesnyak#p23003

Regards
Fred
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Fred:

You are very kind.

Thanks.
Quo melius Illac
EX867
Participant
Instruments played, if any: piano, violin
Music Scores: No

Post by EX867 »

I wanted to play Bortkiewicz's piano concerto No.2, but the score in IMSLP (2 pianos version) was hard to read so I copied score with Musescore.
I reviewed it several times but it may have errors...
I changed some incomprehensible(to me) slurs or things and 3 notes from https://youtu.be/HO5xUkrXbxo this recording... (I marked it on score) and there was 3 unreadable texts presumed instrument names. and I also changed some arpeggios to cross staff notation for my preference.
(also no fingerings... it was so hard to read and notating it needs hard work too)
Likewise, this is not a perfect copy, but maybe you want to get it so I am posting this on here.
If you find note errors, tell me and thanks.
Bortkiewicz - Piano Concerto No.2 (2 pianos).pdf
(LAST EDITED 2019/6/3) (downloaded +15+9+7)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by EX867 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

EX867 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:53 am I wanted to play Bortkiewicz's piano concerto No.2, but the score in IMSLP (2 pianos version) was hard to read so I copied score with Musescore.
I changed some incomprehensible(to me) slurs or things and 3 notes from https://youtu.be/HO5xUkrXbxo this recording... (I marked it on score) and there was 3 unreadable texts presumed instrument names. and I also changed some arpeggios to cross staff notation for my preference.
(also no fingerings... it was so hard to read and notating it needs hard work too)
Likewise, this is not a perfect copy, but maybe you want to get it so I am posting this on here.
EX867, thank you so much, it is good to see a clear typeset version of the concerto but not sure if you are aware but there are a couple of other versions available in the two piano arrangement ? Strangely, neither the two piano version nor the full score were ever actually printed by Rahter, and only the manuscripts have been available to date beyond typeset versions completed by other enthusiasts. Nonetheless, as a Bortkiewicz scholar, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you for your hard work in creating this version, if definitely helps to keep Bortkiewicz in the spotlight.

If anyone plan to typeset any other Bortkiewicz works, I would suggest you contact me, as there may be one already available.

Malcolm
EX867
Participant
Instruments played, if any: piano, violin
Music Scores: No

Post by EX867 »

mballan wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:27 am
EX867 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:53 am I wanted to play Bortkiewicz's piano concerto No.2, but the score in IMSLP (2 pianos version) was hard to read so I copied score with Musescore.
EX867, thank you so much, it is good to see a clear typeset version of the concerto but not sure if you are aware but there are a couple of other versions available in the two piano arrangement ? Strangely, neither the two piano version nor the full score were ever actually printed by Rahter, and only the manuscripts have been available to date beyond typeset versions completed by other enthusiasts. Nonetheless, as a Bortkiewicz scholar, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you for your hard work in creating this version, if definitely helps to keep Bortkiewicz in the spotlight.

If anyone plan to typeset any other Bortkiewicz works, I would suggest you contact me, as there may be one already available.

Malcolm
I am not good at english so I'm not sure if I understand correctly what you asked me...
I used only IMSLP manuscript scan and recording to create this version. I searched for typeset version of concerto before but I could not find it. If there are other versions of this concerto available, Can I get it?
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

EX867 - I will write to you via your e-mail address regards the Bortkiewicz score.

Malcolm
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Vladimir Vileninovich Korovitsyn. Born 1956. Russian composer.

Studied at Leningrad Conservatoire, graduating in 1981. Member of the Union of Russian Composers, and prize winner of international Melody Competition in Stockholm 1992, and the competition ‘Spring of Romance’ in 2000.

Unfortunately, the scan quality of this album is not very good, but it is readable.

Korovitsyn V - 'Fullfilment of Desires' Pieces for Piano (2009).pdf
'Fulfillment of Desires' Pieces (2009)
1. Adagio
2. Ballade
3. Blues
4. Five Pastorales
a. Mama
b. Poetical Mood
c. Canzonetta
d. Echo
e. Fulfillment of Desires
5. Three Etudes
a. On Rollerskates
b. Ping Pong
c. Eurydica
6. Two Pieces for Piano & 4 hands
a. Melody of the Rain
b. The Booth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Gennady Igorevich Lukinykh. Born 1965, Perm, RSFSR. Russian composer, arranger, pianist, vocalist, and journalist. Laureate of International (1996, 2006), All-Russian (1993, 2005) competitions and the Perm Prize composer A.P. Nemtin (2002), full member of the Russian Authors' Society (1997), director and artist of the creative association ‘Perm Lira’.

In 1984, Lukinykh graduated from the conductor-choral department of the Perm Music School. In 1991, he graduated from the conducting and choral faculty of the Ural State Conservatoire in Yekaterinburg.

In 1991, he was one of the founders of the male vocal ensemble ‘Cantus Quartet’ (1991-2003), in which he won the All-Russian (Nizhny Novgorod, 1993) and International (Rychnov nad Knezhnou, Czech Republic, 1996) competitions. Since 1996, he has been the artistic director of the Cantus Quartet of the Perm Regional Philharmonic. In 2000, together with Victoria Lukins (soprano), he organized the ‘Romantic Duet’ festival and in 2004, he founded the creative association ‘Perm Lyre’ which included ‘Romantic Duet’ and a number of other performers. As such he has gone on to win numerous awards. Primarily noted for his choral works and romances.

Lukinykh G - Piano Miniatures.pdf
Twenty-one Miniatures (2002-12)
1. Canzonetta
2. Arioso
3. Aria
4. Invention
5. Menuet
6. Snow Waltz
7. Cantabile
8. Romance
9. Autumn Nocturne
10. Prelude
11. Ballade
13. Shutka (Joke)
14. Funny Arpeggios
15. Sunny Day
16. Jazz Waltz
17. Little Swing (Etude)
18. Surf Rumba
19. Evening Waves
20. On a Quiet Bay (Ballade-Bossinova)
21. Morning Samba
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

A set of 12 nice pieces, Les Fleurs, Op.1 by Mikhail Mikhaĭlovich Chernov (April 22, 1879 — August 1, 1938) has just appeared at Sibley.

http://hdl.handle.net/1802/34967

https://prabook.com/web/mikhail.chernov/737354