Walter Niemann

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Walter Niemann

Post by fleubis »

This must a different Op.123 from what I've got. My copy of Op.123 shows #2 as "Der Schupo regelt den Verkehr" and "Die alte Streichholzfrau" is not one of the others either.
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

This is the original edition from 1932. In the score we have is a little text at the end of the index page which says that one number was deleted. In the edition I found Der Schupo regelt den Verkehr is No.3 and all other pieces follw which means the numbering now is 'false'. You can find a list on IMSLP
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

And another Niemann!
Niemann W op. 138, Kleine Musik im alten Stil 1934.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

What a charming little piece that Op.138 is. Very nice for young players....even I could play that flute part (but I'll stick with the piano part!)
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

I really enjoyed playing the first movement - the second is also beautiful. In my opinion it is not one of Niemann's best works. Harmonies are pretty simple but we all love Niemann for his simplicity and on the other hand for his impressionism and his beautiful musical paintings! What I dislike about Niemann is his usage of F Major. He definitely used it too much (I hate F Major tbh ^^)

P.S. I did a Sibelius version of Drei Tangoimpressionen, Op.170
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

! New Niemanns Editions !

Drei Tangoimpressionen, Op.170
170wnprev.PNG
Kleine Ballettsuite, Op.171
171wnprev.PNG
Please send me a private message with your email that you can receive the sheet music :D Please note that you are not allowed to upload it anywhere - private use only. If you find any mistakes please let me know to make the editions better!

! Both editions are without fingerings !

All the best and freundliche Grüße to all Niemann fans (lol why I'm so excited? idk ^^)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

New Updates!

Update No.1

I sent a letter to the daughter of Robert Barnbeck (the guy who inherited all of Niemann's manuscriptes and scores - so probably all of his works) and requested information on following works:
- Festmarsch, Op.1
- Vier Gesänge, Op.3
- Abendlied from Reisebilder, Op.10
- Am Kamin, Op.11a
- Hymne an die Nacht, Op.37
- Silberwogen from Drei poetische Studien, Op.57
- Was den Kindern Freude macht, Op.58
- Efeu und Rosen, Op.64
- Ein Tag im Funkhaus, Op.151
- Palmengarten, Op.156
- Altmärkische Dorfbilder, Op.157
- Herbst in Sanssouci, Op.159
- Seestücke, Op.166
- Mein Breughelbuch, Op.172
- Hymnus an Isis, Op.185
- Variationen über zwei alte Weihnachtsweisen, Op.187
- Drei lyrische Stücke, Op.188
- Crescendo, Etude
- Rêverie, Eglogue, Valse mignonne

If I'm right are these all works that are claimed lost. I hope I'll get an answer from her!!

Update No.2

I ordered copies of Altenglischer Walzer, Op.173; Die lustigen Chinesen, Op.174 and Moasik, Op.179

Update No.3 (Maybe the most interesting for you)

I now have the mansucript of Aquarellen, Op.177. If you want to have them please send me a PN with your email adress and I'll send you the score. Please note that you are not allowed to upload it anywhere :)
orfeo
Participant

Post by orfeo »

WalterNiemann wrote:! New Niemanns Editions !

Drei Tangoimpressionen, Op.170
170wnprev.PNG
Kleine Ballettsuite, Op.171
171wnprev.PNG
Please send me a private message with your email that you can receive the sheet music :D Please note that you are not allowed to upload it anywhere - private use only. If you find any mistakes please let me know to make the editions better!

! Both editions are without fingerings !

All the best and freundliche Grüße to all Niemann fans (lol why I'm so excited? idk ^^)

Hello!
Could you please send me your sheet music of the Tangoimpressionen for my private use? Would be highly appreciated.
My e-mail address is: orfeo@gmx.eu
Best regards
Alexander
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

Merry Christmas to all Pianophiliacs!
I hope you'll have a gorgeous time with your families and enjoy the christmas days!
I also wish you a happy new year! And to make the last few days of 2018 even more enjoyable for you, please have a look, what Santa put under my christmas tree :) I hope you like it!

Niemann W - 3 Lyric Pieces Op 188.pdf

(I did a copyright marking with my name and with 2018 as publishing year, so maybe pianorarescores won't be able to steal it...)
orfeo
Participant

Post by orfeo »

WalterNiemann wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:09 pm Merry Christmas to all Pianophiliacs!
I hope you'll have a gorgeous time with your families and enjoy the christmas days!
I also wish you a happy new year! And to make the last few days of 2018 even more enjoyable for you, please have a look, what Santa put under my christmas tree :) I hope you like it!

Niemann W - 3 Lyric Pieces Op 188.pdf

(I did a copyright marking with my name and with 2018 as publishing year, so maybe pianorarescores won't be able to steal it...)

Many thanks for the wonderful wishes & pieces!

Santa's musical taste is gorgeous, I would affirm.

Have a merry Christmas and all the best for 2019!

Let's hope pianorarescores will be more Christian...