19th Century German organ works

Majestic music for a majestic instrument
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist
Music Scores: Yes

Re: 19th Century German organ works

Post by Jim Faston »

Requested for a collegue: the violin and women's voices parts for Karg-Elert's Sinfonische Kanzone Op85 No3. Thanks.
FW190
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by FW190 »

When you don't find the parts you could extract them from the score, s. attachment (nms)
Karg-Elert.-.op.085-3.-.Drei-sinfonische-Kanzonen-No.3-(score-Leuckart-Edition-1911).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In Bach we trust.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

FW190 wrote:When you don't find the parts you could extract them from the score, s. attachment (nms)
Karg-Elert.-.op.085-3.-.Drei-sinfonische-Kanzonen-No.3-(score-Leuckart-Edition-1911).pdf
Thanks. I see no reason they can't play and sing directly from this score--no extraction needed.
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

Dear organist friends,
Is there anyone out there that can identify the composer(s) of the attached file.
I recently bought a 19C bound volume dating from around 1860 of organ music and this manuscript item was bound in at the rear of the album which featured such composers as Adolph Hesse,(5 Opuses) Niels Gade, Mendelssohn, Aug. Freyer, Carl Geissler, and C.H. Rinck,(2 Opuses) and of course N.N.
The last of the two fugues which are on the same subject has written above it "fuga van A G Ritter" (see last page of scan) which tells me that whoever wrote it out was Dutch and not German because he correctly gives the title of the work as "Praeludium und fuge", "van" (Dutch) instead of "von" (German). I am assuming the Praeludium und fuge are by a German composer, as the style is very Germanic, but who?
In any case enjoy the music even if we can't find out who the composer is.
NN. - Preludium und 2 Fugen.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Are you sure NN isn't Dutch for HHH? :-)

Regards
Fred
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

fredbucket wrote:Are you sure NN isn't Dutch for HHH? :-)

Regards
Fred
Fred you are far too kind, I couldn't write something so short and concise, though come to think of it I did write a Scherzo-Fugue on the tune Picardy for organ once and that was only a few pages long, but even then I cannot and will not take responsibility for this P & F + F, but thanks all the same.
regards
Brian
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by WalterNiemann »

On IMSLP I discovered a composer called Hans Fährmann (http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:F%C3%A4hrmann,_Hans) who composed (after wikipedia) 14 Organ Sonatas! Unfortunately on IMSLP are only 10 Sonatas... Does someone know something about The Sonatas 6, 11, 13 and 14?
Thank you for your answers!