Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongrie

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
burgmuller
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Piano Music from and about Hungary - Magyarország/Hongri

Post by burgmuller »

Thank you Jim Faston. I saw it, but, I cant' buy a whole book just for one score, at that price. Too much for my economy for the moment.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

I hear you. I'm not seeing it in any libraries either.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

burgmuller wrote:Thank you Jim Faston. I saw it, but, I cant' buy a whole book just for one score, at that price. Too much for my economy for the moment.
burgmuller - try Berlin card index, they seem to have the pieces listed in the album and would be a fraction of the cost.

Malcolm
burgmuller
Pianophiliac

Post by burgmuller »

Thank you very much!! I'll try there
burgmuller
Pianophiliac

Post by burgmuller »

mballan wrote: burgmuller - try Berlin card index, they seem to have the pieces listed in the album and would be a fraction of the cost.

Malcolm
Hi, yes you are right, I contacted them, and they kindly answered they have Prelude Pathetique, but I'm not sure if it is the one I want, I have to find out. Thanks a lot for your help
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

From what I could find out, Pazdirek gives no opus to Maritta but assigns op.32 to the Trois Pieces, N.1 of which we can be reasonably sure is the piece we want since there are only 2 preludes listed in Pazdirek and I doubt the YouTube performer changed the title (op.16 n5 Prelude Pathetique just doesn't seem to be in character for the YouTube piece which is quite serene).

As a further wrinkle, a simple search in the Hungarian National Library for Agghazy Prelude brought up Trois Pieces with an op.33. So, I think this is where it can be found. Sounds like a simple opus confusion - who is right would probably be clear from getting the copy from Hungarian National Library. But I'm not sure how to do this - the PDF on demand link doesn't appear & clicking on available copies button shows no copies available??

EDIT I found a way to display that there is a copy available; only indication is no ILL which is understandable.

Also, op.32/(33) n2 is a Nocturne (so is op.6 located at British Library) and I think it would be nice to hear his forays into that genre.
burgmuller
Pianophiliac

Post by burgmuller »

GJF323 wrote:From what I could find out, Pazdirek gives no opus to Maritta but assigns op.32 to the Trois Pieces, N.1 of which we can be reasonably sure is the piece we want since there are only 2 preludes listed in Pazdirek and I doubt the YouTube performer changed the title (op.16 n5 Prelude Pathetique just doesn't seem to be in character for the YouTube piece which is quite serene).

As a further wrinkle, a simple search in the Hungarian National Library for Agghazy Prelude brought up Trois Pieces with an op.33. So, I think this is where it can be found. Sounds like a simple opus confusion - who is right would probably be clear from getting the copy from Hungarian National Library. But I'm not sure how to do this - the PDF on demand link doesn't appear & clicking on available copies button shows no copies available??

EDIT I found a way to display that there is a copy available; only indication is no ILL which is understandable.

Also, op.32/(33) n2 is a Nocturne (so is op.6 located at British Library) and I think it would be nice to hear his forays into that genre.
Yes, I think you are right, that op three pieces is the one. I sent a mail to a library in Budapest, but not answer yet. Thanks for the help!!
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

burgmuller - Berlin also have the Op 32 pieces in their card index - as well as quite a lot of works by Agghazy - so worth considering if you are not successful with Budapest.

Malcolm
burgmuller
Pianophiliac

Post by burgmuller »

Ok thank you Mballan, but I sent a mail to berlin and they said they have an op for violin, and the op 6 nocturne for piano, they didnt mention the op 32 at all. I dont think is that one, anyway.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

burgmuller wrote:Ok thank you Mballan, but I sent a mail to berlin and they said they have an op for violin, and the op 6 nocturne for piano, they didnt mention the op 32 at all. I dont think is that one, anyway.
Burgmuller:

Berlin have far more works by Agghazy they they informed you (suspect they just check their electronic catalogue when the vast amount of their music collection is still by card index - I found over 24 piano works alone by Agghazy on their card index). Nonetheless, you have made me curious so I have ordered a number of pieces from them and hopefully your prelude will be amongst that order (usually takes 2-3 weeks). I will share if successful :D

Malcolm