Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by remy »

Andreï Victorovitch Kostyrka — Musical Moment Op.2 No.2 'Le Désespoir'

Posted by the composer on his web site:

http://kostyrka.ru/music

and played by the composer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ek6fRND-84

A very early piece, but it has some lovely harmonies. It reminds me a bit of the Ponce Estudio de Concierto No.8 'Preludio galante':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnujhGgqn1M

jeremy
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by fleubis »

I must say, I don't think Andreï plays this piece very well. Having looked his other music on his site, I see the other performances are MIDI piano. IMHO, his other pieces are more pianistic than this Moment Musical. That being said, I think he has good harmonic sensibilities.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Sibley just added a number of items by Glière including a few not available here or on IMSLP.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thanks for pointing these out, Jim. The op.17 Esquisses are very choice morsels indeed!
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

fleubis wrote:I must say, I don't think Andreï plays this piece very well. Having looked his other music on his site, I see the other performances are MIDI piano. IMHO, his other pieces are more pianistic than this Moment Musical. That being said, I think he has good harmonic sensibilities.
I think that the performance is acceptable... there are not dirty notes, only a slight lack of equality. The piece seems to me, however, pretty mediocre. A jumble of harmonies without a clear musical idea. Also the other pieces are nothing of resounding; something interesting (even good) but not much more...
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Konstantin Nikolayevich Lyadov. Born 1820, St Petersburg: died 1868, same. Russian violinist, conductor & composer. Father to Anatoly Lyadov. He studied at the St Petersburg Theatre School, and worked as a violinist in the Imperial Opera orchestra. He conducted the Russian Opera in St Petersburg from 1850 until shortly before his death, where he was suceeded by Napravnik. He premiered a number of new operas including those by Dargomyzhsky, Serov and Gulak-Artemovsky, as well as advise Glinka on his operas. He also taught at the St Petersburg Conservatoire from 1862.

“Past the River, Near the Bridge” Fantasia for Choir & Orchestra - in an arrangement for choir & piano. As the piano carries the melodic line [and was published separately as a piano piece], I decided to include it within this thread. Two further pieces by Lyadov - Two Ukrainian Folksongs - with piano are available in the Vocal thread.

Had to scan using grayscale, as the score was somewhat delapidated and pages were very yellowed [hence large file size].

Malcolm
Lyadov K - Fantasy on a Russian Folksong 'Near the river, near the bridge' for Chorus & Orchestra (piano).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Many thanks Malcolm. Here's his Quadrille extracted from (the incomplete) volume 5 of Le concert des muses, available from RSL and IMSLP.
Lyadov, KN_Garibaldi (Quadrille).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Sibly has released a scan of Emile von Sauer's edition of Tchaikovsky's Six morceaux, op. 51.

http://hdl.handle.net/1802/29196
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

A couple of recent acquisitions from me:

Nemerovsky - his Op 50 Petite Suite Orientale & Op 51 Habanera (I think there may be a copy of Op 51 floating around, but this is my own scan).

Maykapar - Op 15 Suite Pastorale (ideal for those teaching younger folk).

Malcolm
Nemerovsky A - Op 50 Petite Suite Orientale.pdf
Nemerovsky A - Op 51 Habanera.pdf
Maykapar S - Op 15 Suite Pastorale a l'usage de l'enfance.pdf
isokani
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by isokani »

Konstantin Eiges sonatas:

Thanks to Malcolm for scanning.

My CD of these and other pieces by Eiges will be released in June by Toccata Classics. I will play the first sonata at Husum this year, and the concert will be broadcast.
Eiges K - Op 15 Sonata-Poeme.pdf
Eiges K - Op 28 Piano Sonata No. 2 'Poeme'.pdf