musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Salon music

Post by musiclife217 »

Jim Faston wrote:
Phillip210 wrote:
musiclife217 wrote:Does anyone have Ravina's - Op.80 - Chant du Moissonneur, Scène pittoresque ?? I can request it, but want to check here first, thanks!
It has just appeared on the BnF Gallica site, so is now available for download!
Here's a B&W version of the BNF scans:
Ravina_Chant du moissonneur, Scène pittoresque pour piano, Op.80.pdf
Thank you, yes, this is the one that I requested from the BnF, which they subsequently posted. You, however, have improved upon the scan that they sent me and I am very grateful! Thank you! Any help with the Wenzel would also be most appreciated!
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

I am seeking a long lost salon piece by Brinley Richards, simply titled "Song of the Troubadour." Possible translations would be Lied des Troubadours and Trubadurens Slang... any assistance would be most apprecited.. :)
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

musiclife217 wrote:I am seeking a long lost salon piece by Brinley Richards, simply titled "Song of the Troubadour." Possible translations would be Lied des Troubadours and Trubadurens Slang... any assistance would be most apprecited.. :)

Could it be his transcription of Verdi's Ihres Auges himmlisch' Strahlen from The Troubadour? Also available on IMSLP.
Verdi-Richards_Ihres Auges himmlisch' Strahlen from Troubadour, Op21.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Jim Faston wrote:
musiclife217 wrote:I am seeking a long lost salon piece by Brinley Richards, simply titled "Song of the Troubadour." Possible translations would be Lied des Troubadours and Trubadurens Slang... any assistance would be most apprecited.. :)

Could it be his transcription of Verdi's Ihres Auges himmlisch' Strahlen from The Troubadour? Also available on IMSLP.

Thank you so much for looking into this, though this is not the one. :(
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

musiclife217 wrote:
Jim Faston wrote:

Thank you so much for looking into this, though this is not the one. :(
The piece was played by Lars Roos on his Poems album, if that helps at all...
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

musiclife217 wrote:Thank you so much for looking into this, though this is not the one. :(
The transcription from Il Trovatore was worth a shot.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Hello all,

I just have a question that I hope someone could help me with.

On the 5th volume of the Naxos Romantic Piano Favourites, there is an arrangement of Franz Lehar's Vilja (Vilia) Song from The Merry Widow - my question is has anyone seen this arrangement and/or know where it is? If you care to share, thank you in advance. It is quite an attractive arrangement.
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

musiclife217 wrote:Hello all,

On the 5th volume of the Naxos Romantic Piano Favourites, there is an arrangement of Franz Lehar's Vilja (Vilia) Song from The Merry Widow - my question is has anyone seen this arrangement and/or know where it is? If you care to share, thank you in advance. It is quite an attractive arrangement.
I don't have this arrangement, but maybe what is included is an acceptable replacement.
Lehar Die lustige Witwe (Potpourri).pdf
Bw, paolor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

musiclife217 wrote:Hello all,

It appears to be the performer's own--perhaps you could contact him:

http://www.szokolaybalazs.com/
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

This doesn't seem to be available elsewhere:

Fritz Spindler
Grande Polonaise, Op. 263
http://objdigital.bn.br/acervo_digital/ ... 375385.pdf

Courtesy of the digital holdings in the National Library of Brazil (rich holdings for salon music, especially of 'Latin' composers).