Friends & Pupils of Brahms

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
pianojay
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by pianojay »

Ooops--sorry, I was looking for Theodor Kirchner's Op. 61, NOT Walter Niemann.

Moderator Edit
Created democratically ;) from the off-topic posts in the Walter Niemann thread.
oren segev
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by oren segev »

pianojay wrote:Ooops--sorry, I was looking for Theodor Kirchner's Op. 61, NOT Walter Niemann.
Here is part of it Pianojay
Kirchner-op.61 Charakterstucke (Heft 1).pdf
Oren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

... and these should be the remaining parts of Kirchner's op.61 - nms, tttos, no tattoos!

And soon back to Mr. Niemann, I do hope! Niemann's op.61 would have been "5 Tonbilder", according to Paul's wonderful work list (download/file.php?id=679). They seem to range between Niemann's rarissima.
Kirchner op.61,4-6 Charakterstücke.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

I really hate this sort of off-topicality, Kirchner in the Niemann thread! Though I'm probably the only person that hates it! Anyway, we can move these 'offending' ;) posts elsewhere... but where? We have a paucity of threads still, so am happy to use these posts to create something fresh. Suggestions?
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

rob wrote:I really hate this sort of off-topicality, Kirchner in the Niemann thread! Though I'm probably the only person that hates it! Anyway, we can move these 'offending' ;) posts elsewhere... but where? We have a paucity of threads still, so am happy to use these posts to create something fresh. Suggestions?
Don't worry, Robbie! From time to time, I'm a (law and) order fan, too, but that should have been a single mistake to confound two completely different composers from two eras. A "Miscellaneous German Composers" thread is no alternative, in my opinion. From Krebs to Lachenmann? From FX Mozart to Stockhausen? Nonsense ...
klavierelch
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Recorder

Post by klavierelch »

kh0815 wrote: Don't worry, Robbie! From time to time, I'm a (law and) order fan, too, but that should have been a single mistake to confound two completely different composers from two eras. A "Miscellaneous German Composers" thread is no alternative, in my opinion. From Krebs to Lachenmann? From FX Mozart to Stockhausen? Nonsense ...
Completely agreed.
On the old forum we had a Kirchner thread. So I think most members here will already have the Kirchner stuff which is circulating. So a new Kirchner thread might be unnecessary. My first thought was something like "The Brahms circle" or "Friends and pupils of Brahms". We could post there not only Kirchner, but also Herzogenberg, Joachim, Jenner and so on.
Ars opus est hominis, non opus artis homo.

John Owen, Epigrammata (1615)
Paul
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano (amateur)

Post by Paul »

klavierelch wrote:
kh0815 wrote: Don't worry, Robbie! From time to time, I'm a (law and) order fan, too, but that should have been a single mistake to confound two completely different composers from two eras. A "Miscellaneous German Composers" thread is no alternative, in my opinion. From Krebs to Lachenmann? From FX Mozart to Stockhausen? Nonsense ...
Completely agreed.
On the old forum we had a Kirchner thread. So I think most members here will already have the Kirchner stuff which is circulating. So a new Kirchner thread might be unnecessary. My first thought was something like "The Brahms circle" or "Friends and pupils of Brahms". We could post there not only Kirchner, but also Herzogenberg, Joachim, Jenner and so on.
Very good suggestion!

Paul
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Re: Friends & Pupils of Brahms

Post by rob »

Paul wrote:
klavierelch wrote:
Completely agreed.
Very good suggestion!

Paul
Thank you very much everyone. My categorisation obsessive-compulsive disorder has now been satisfied!

For anyone that missed the Brahms & His Friends anthology the first two times around, here it is again. There have been 47 downloads already, so if you think you've got it already, you probably have. But it is useful for newer members.
http://rapidshare.com/files/245193403/B ... hology.pdf

Rob
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

Everybody should praise your generousity, Robbie! And I should be ashamed: FX Mozart a "German"? Austrian, K.u.K. maybe, but not really "German". As I see in Wiki, the love of his life guided him to and kept him a long time in Lwiw/Lemberg (Galicia, Ukraine). Sorry to be aberrant in this new thread and to confuse your sense of order again. But in our age we should bear this fate ...
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

rob wrote: Thank you very much everyone. My categorisation obsessive-compulsive disorder has now been satisfied!

Rob
The best treatment for OCD is Paroxetine (40mg/day).
(Sorry for drifting off-topic - it must be the effect of the pills!)