Argentinian Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Re: Argentinian music

Post by phikfy »

Is there anyone who has Carlos Lopez Buchardo Cancion del Carretero (trans. solo piano by Leornado Brunelli)? I really feel desperate for locating this score. Could someone scan and post it? It's obviously out of print and I can't order any where online. Thank you for your help!

Best,
phikfy
mballan
Site Owner
Music Scores: Yes

Post by mballan »

Alfredo Berisso. Born 1876 Argentina; died 1931, Italy. Unfortunately, I can find no other biographical information on this composer.

These two pieces are from a set of four [alas I do not have Nos, 3 & 4] called Impressioni. There is also a 1st series of pieces under the same title - useful list of works given at the end of No. 1 Pirotecnica sul mare.

Malcolm

Berisso A - Impressioni series 2 - No. 1 Pirotecnica sul mare
Berisso A - Impressioni series 2 - No. 1 Pirotecnica sul mare.pdf
Berisso A - Impressioni series 2 - No. 2 Iberica
Berisso A - Impressioni series 2 - No. 2 Iberica.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Riodk
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, but not very well :-)

Post by Riodk »

From Kulas Music Library.
Berisso_Impressioni series 2_No 4-5_Il gatto ed il topo, Il tombolo.pdf
Berisso_Suite de danses no 3.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emzett
Participant

Re: Argentinian Music

Post by emzett »

Has anyone information on and/or scores by Juan Carlos Paz? Thanks in advance.
emzett
Mercuzio

Post by Mercuzio »

Astor Piazzolla: Chiquilin de Bachin (The little beggar boy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UonwYu0QtLQ
Chiquilin de Bachin (The little beggar boy) Astor Piazzolla.pdf
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Post by phikfy »

Thanks for the Piazzolla arrangement. Beautiful! Hope you can do more transcriptions for Piazzolla, Mercuzio.
Mercuzio

Post by Mercuzio »

phikfy wrote:Thanks for the Piazzolla arrangement. Beautiful! Hope you can do more transcriptions for Piazzolla, Mercuzio.
Thanks, I would like to work on Piazzolla's music but I think that most of his compositions have already a good arrangement for piano. This piece was suggested by a Youtuber because I didn't know it. Do you have any other suggestion?
phikfy
Pianophiliac

Post by phikfy »

Mercuzio wrote:
phikfy wrote:Thanks for the Piazzolla arrangement. Beautiful! Hope you can do more transcriptions for Piazzolla, Mercuzio.
Thanks, I would like to work on Piazzolla's music but I think that most of his compositions have already a good arrangement for piano. This piece was suggested by a Youtuber because I didn't know it. Do you have any other suggestion?
To be honest, I long to play a solo piano version of Le Grand Tango. This one is really a quint-essential Piazzolla piece for me. I wonder why nobody tried his hands on this before.
Mercuzio

Post by Mercuzio »

phikfy wrote:
Mercuzio wrote:
To be honest, I long to play a solo piano version of Le Grand Tango. This one is really a quint-essential Piazzolla piece for me. I wonder why nobody tried his hands on this before.
Well, I'm listening to it right now. There is also a 2 pianos version. This maybe is why nobody attempted to do it for solo piano.
In my opinion is quite a harsh (strident) piece and the few melodic parts emerge only with strings.
Anyway I'll try to get an original score and see if something can be done, but I'm not optimistic about it.
Thanks anyway for your suggestion.
lito valle
Pianophiliac
Conducting

Post by lito valle »

Juan Carlos Paz

Rítmica Ostinata
(1942)

Orchestra score