Composers from Switzerland

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Composers from Switzerland

Post by fleubis »

Thank you, 4candles for linking the Bovy-Lysberg etude. It is quite a nice find. As to the similarity to Alkan, I found the Bovy-Lysberg much easier to play than Alkan's Etude Op.76 No.1, and thankfully considerably shorter.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by musiclife217 »

fleubis wrote:Thank you, 4candles for linking the Bovy-Lysberg etude. It is quite a nice find. As to the similarity to Alkan, I found the Bovy-Lysberg much easier to play than Alkan's Etude Op.76 No.1, and thankfully considerably shorter.
There are a number of great scores/scans from Bovy-Lysberg on the BNE (Spain), especially his Op. 130 Barcarolle-Serenade. :)
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

The first of a two-parter. Richard Flury (1896-1967) Swiss composer and conductor, who continued to write in a romantic vein.

This is a copy of his manuscript of the twenty-four preludes for piano - I am not aware of this being in print [but please tell me if this is the case as I have still to scan preludes 13-24] ! There is a recording of the twenty-four preludes on the Gallo label [able to download or purchase CD depending on retailer].

Malcolm

Flury - Twenty-four Preludes Nos 1-12
Flury R - Twenty-four Preludes Nos 1-12.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

mballan wrote:The first of a two-parter. Richard Flury (1896-1967) Swiss composer and conductor, who continued to write in a romantic vein.

This is a copy of his manuscript of the twenty-four preludes for piano - I am not aware of this being in print [but please tell me if this is the case as I have still to scan preludes 13-24] ! There is a recording of the twenty-four preludes on the Gallo label [able to download or purchase CD depending on retailer].

Malcolm

Thank you!

I previously posted some other Flury, but it has disappeared from PP!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/zejezdyje ... ändler.pdf
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

mballan wrote:The first of a two-parter. Richard Flury (1896-1967) Swiss composer and conductor, who continued to write in a romantic vein.

Malcolm

Many thanks for this. A quick look on Worldcat shows a "Klavier-Album" published in Zürich by Hug. & Co in 1955 containing 34 Miniaturen from the 50 kleine Miniaturen, 16 Präludien from the set of 24 and 12 kleine Stücke. I see no listing for the complete 24 preludes, but one may well exist. A copy of the MS for all 24 would be nice to have.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

alfor wrote:I previously posted some other Flury, but it has disappeared from PP!!!
It didn't get copied over from the old PP - I'm not sure why :)

Regards
Fred
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Malcolm, thanks for the Flury ..... the composers fair copy is easier to read than mine (at least until I switched to Sibelius). Seems I already have the Bucheggberger-Landler from Alfor's earlier posting. I do like these preludes and their style.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

As promised, the 2nd part of the Richard Flury (1896-1967), Twenty-four Preludes.............nos. 13-24.

Enjoy.

Malcolm
Flury R - Twenty-four Preludes Nos. 13-24.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Thank you, dear Malcolm! (A bit too much backward-looking fo my taste, though.)

I have a rare LP with orchestral works by FLURY. If you (or anybody else) are/is interested I can post it.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thank you for the remaining Flury Etudes, Malcolm. Alfor is right they are rather old fashioned and I would have called them Preludes rather than Etudes, but there some nice ideas scattered here and there.