Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by mballan »

Alfor

Astvatsatryan - thanks for alerting me that this had been posted previously.....puzzled how I missed it, but saves me having to scan the Partita, and can concentrate on other scores.

Jim

Kosenko - I do have a copy of the sonata no. 1 [but not scanned]. There were two versions, of which no. 2 is the one in circulation [not sure if my copy is the original or revised version]. I'll dig it out and check.

Malcolm
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

mballan wrote:Alfor

Astvatsatryan - thanks for alerting me that this had been posted previously.....puzzled how I missed it, but saves me having to scan the Partita, and can concentrate on other scores.

Jim

Kosenko - I do have a copy of the sonata no. 1 [but not scanned]. There were two versions, of which no. 2 is the one in circulation [not sure if my copy is the original or revised version]. I'll dig it out and check.

Malcolm
Thanks Malcolm. I'm glad to know there are two versions and which of those is currently in circulation--hopefully you have the earlier edition.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

Pop-Concert Pieces by Soviet Composers, for piano (1986)

Dmitry Dmitryevich SHOSTAKOVICH - Romance, from the movie 'The Gadfly', op. 97 (1955)
Aram Ilich KHACHATURYAN (KHACHATURIAN) (Armenia) - Egyptian Dancer, from the ballet 'Spartacus' (1950-54)
Sulkhan Fyodorovich TSINTSADZE (Georgia) - Pieces (5), from 'Folk Themes for String Quartet'; 1. The Shepherd (Dance), 2. Suliko (Georgian Folk Song), 3. Sachidao, 4. Tsitsinatela (Firefly) (Georgian Folk Song), 5. My Wife Became Proud (Georgian Comic Folk Song)
Anatoly Yakovlevich LEPIN (Latvia) - Gypsy Rhapsody
Nikita Vladimirovich BOGOSLOVSKY - Rhapsody, on themes from the movies
Mikhail Grigoryevich BURSHTIN (Kyrgyzstan) - 'Venceremos!', rhapsody-ballade in memory of Victor Hari on revolutionary songs from Chile
Alexandra Nikolayevna PAKHMUTOVA - Song ('My Beloved')
Alexandra Nikolayevna PAKHMUTOVA - Melody

save for the works by Lepin, Bogoslovsky, and Burshtin, the entire volume was arranged by M. Sagradov
Pop-Concert Pieces by Soviet Composers, for piano (1986).pdf
(nms)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

Children's Pieces by Uzbek Composers, for piano (Young Pianist's Library) (1974)

Dilorom SAIDAMINOVA - Pieces (2); 1. Saiyera, 2. Toccatina (no bio available)
N. NORKHUDZHAYEV - Prelude (no bio available)
Sovet (Sergei) Afanasyevich VARELAS - Karakalpak Dance
Saifi JALIL (DZHALIL, JALEEL) - Song Without Words 'Azizakhon' (bio at http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... sSknsAueJA )
S. KHAITBAYEV (HAITBAYEV) - Prelude (no bio available)
P. KHALIKOV - Fugue (no bio available)
B. YEVLAMPIYEV - The Old Tower (from the cycle 'Three pieces on Khorezm themes') (no bio available)
Boris Fyodorovich GIYENKO (GIENKO) - Theme and Variations (5); 1. The Brave Horseman, 2. Waltz, 3. Scherzino, 4. Song, 5. Toccatina
Kh. AZIMOV - Poem (no bio available)
Alexander Abramovich BERLIN - Allegro (third movement of a sonatina) (bio at http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 6bih%3D812 )
Children's Pieces by Uzbek Composers, for piano (Young Pianist's Library) (1974).pdf
(nms)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Anton Arensky (1861-1906) - although majority of his works are available through IMSLP and a few have also been posted here on Pianophilia............I do not think these have been posted here before, nor are available on IMSLP ?

Malcolm

Op 65 Suite [No. 5] in Canon Form for Two Pianos
Arensky A - Op 65 Suite in Canon Form.pdf
Valse in Ab major [no opus]
Arensky A - Valse in Ab major.pdf
I was also going to scan Op 25 Nos 3 & 4 as much clearer copy than that on IMSLP, plus Op 43 Six Caprices as the scan on IMSLP is faulty. If someone already has these works already scanned then I would be grateful for a copy, and I can then get on with scanning something else !
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

mballan wrote:Jim

Malcolm
Jim

I have the original edition which matches the recording you posted. I will scan next week and share on PP with you.

malcolm
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

mballan wrote:
mballan wrote:Jim

Malcolm
Jim

I have the original edition which matches the recording you posted. I will scan next week and share on PP with you.

malcolm
Excellent. That will be a nice addition to the collection of K's works.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

mballan wrote:I was also going to scan Op 25 Nos 3 & 4 as much clearer copy than that on IMSLP, plus Op 43 Six Caprices as the scan on IMSLP is faulty. If someone already has these works already scanned then I would be grateful for a copy, and I can then get on with scanning something else !
Hi Malcolm,
Thank you for all your generous postings.
I have checked my files and seen that we have a copy of op.25 no.3 in a selection of Arensky etudes posted by Alfor. However, the scan quality is not better than the one available on IMSLP, which, by the way, is not that bad.
Regarding the faulty op.43 of IMSLP, it seems that only one page of n°3 is concerned. Caprotti had kindly shared an alternative version of op.46 from which I attach the complete n°3.
Arensky_-_43_-_Six_Caprices_n°3.pdf
kamator

Post by kamator »

Scriabinoff wrote:many thanks for the Ukranian piano works link!

I hope folks can perhaps help a little with the translation, I am including a rough 'google-ified' part but welcome revisions for a more accurate table of contents of composers and titles, also there is a name on the inside cover that seems to be an editor but it may be also the arranger as it seems to state 'version by' so perhaps he did all the transcribing and arranging?
Russian - Tango for Piano Russian edition Noty Танго для фортепиано.pdf
редактор-составитель А. Полонский
Russian - Tango for Piano Russian edition Noty Танго для фортепиано.docx

From kamator:
Here is the meaning of the handwritten note on the title page:

"For my little Olga, on the day of graduation from the music school. Let music always sound in your home. 24.5.84"
towards the end:
Number number 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 23 - Treatment A. Polonsky.
Number number 1, 3, 4, 9, 20 - Transcription A. Polonsky. Number 18-B treatment Lyudvikovsky

not too sure what they mean by the difference in Transcription vs. Treatment? Does that mean the Transcriptions were already in Tango form and Polonsky just set them for piano solo? and The others may or may not have been in piano solo form and Lyudvikovsky simply did the Tango versions and Polonsky just took those and then set to piano? More than a little confusing, but it's a great album. I'm learning the first as a complete play through of the book is a goal of mine at the moment, I have always liked that Babajanian melody.

Bonus points for anyone that can give us the meaning of the handwriting :)
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

I do have a NMS file of the Kosenko Piano Sonata no.1 Op.13
I am now sure if i should upload it...its no problem for me. i found it on internet a couple of years ago on some russian website, but cant remember which was it.

Let me know if i can post it or not.

Tony

PS: The beginning is different from the recording posted. I have not checked the whole thing with the recording.
OH... and by the way.. anybody knows if that sonata is wether played by Natalya Shkoda or not?