Max Reger

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Max Reger

Post by Hobbypianist »

The (almost) complete piano works are now on IMSLP. I also rescanned some pieces of which only poor versions were available so far. The two blocked items:
Reger_op.079a_Zehn_Kompositionen_Sikorski.pdf
(original edition by B&H)
Reger_Sechs_Klavierstuecke_Breitkopf.pdf

What is remaining now? A few small pieces...but I'm not sure whether they were really intended for piano. Anyway, here they are:
Reger_Fuenf_Scherzkanons.pdf
Reger_Kanon_ueber_Du_bist_verrueckt_mein_Kind.pdf
Reger_Praeludium_und_Fuge_in_g.pdf
Reger_Vierstimmiger_Kanon_Nr.2_ueber_das_Lied_Letzte_Rose.pdf
Reger_Zwei_Schulfugen.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alpha

Post by alpha »

This is a truly outstanding contribution- you are to be commended highly. Eyeballing the IMSLP page, I think the only piano piece that is missing is the 8th Improvisation, the etude brillante.

By any chance have you ever come across Pillney's 2 piano version of the Bach variations Op. 81?
klavierelch
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Recorder

Post by klavierelch »

You are indeed doing a great job in closing the last gaps in the Reger piano output.
Ars opus est hominis, non opus artis homo.

John Owen, Epigrammata (1615)
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

alpha wrote:This is a truly outstanding contribution- you are to be commended highly. Eyeballing the IMSLP page, I think the only piano piece that is missing is the 8th Improvisation, the etude brillante.

By any chance have you ever come across Pillney's 2 piano version of the Bach variations Op. 81?
Sorry, I don't have the 2p-version of op.81.
There are also a couple of piano transcriptions of orchestral works, like op.95, op.108, etc. which are still missing.

No.8 of op.18 is published by Schott. The Bayerische Staatsbibliothek München has an exemplar. Maybe someone from there can borrow it?
Caprotti
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Caprotti »

Is op.108 available in the orchestra score? I don't see it at IMSLP. a 4H exists in Milan library.
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

Caprotti wrote:Is op.108 available in the orchestra score? I don't see it at IMSLP. a 4H exists in Milan library.
Not yet, but I'll post all the missing orchestral works within the next weeks: Op.93, 100, 101, 108, 120, 123, 125, 128, 130, 140, Heroide Overture, Symphonic movement in d, Scherzino and new scans of Op.90, 95, 132.

HP
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

Caprotti wrote:Is op.108 available in the orchestra score? I don't see it at IMSLP. a 4H exists in Milan library.
Dedicated to our so generous hero Caprotti (a FS scan is in state of preparation):
Reger op.108 Symphonischer Prolog zu einer Tragödie 4H gew. Arthur Nikisch.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

many thanks, and a little Rubinstein
Rubinstein - 016 n.3 - Serenade o.pdf
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

Hobbypianist wrote:.....

No.8 of op.18 is published by Schott. The Bayerische Staatsbibliothek München has an exemplar. Maybe someone from there can borrow it?
I saw that op.18 is already available so I didn't check further the RGA. Of course, this piece is in the Gesamtausgabe! I've posted on IMSLP a complete version. Here ist the Etude brillante separately
Reger_op.018_No.8_Etude_brillante_Schott_RGA.pdf
Lya
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by Lya »

Hello everyone,
I'm desperately looking for Reger's transcription of Brahms slow mvt of the 3rd symphony. I can only find Singer's and Hatz's...
Thank you so much