Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes

Re: China Japan and the Far East

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

Dear Friends from the Far East,
can one of you tell me who the composers are, titles and other instructions please.
many thanks in advance
Brian
Unknown 2.pdf
Unknown 1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Alex »

Unknown 1 is a collection of 2 hand transcriptions of North Shanxi folk songs, some done by Jianzhong Wang, but also by others who don't seem to be listed.
Unknown 2 is another transcription, of the song "Shining Glittering Red Stars" by Gengcheng Fu, transcribed by Wanghua Chu. Apparently it comes from a childrens song about Communism.
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin

Alex wrote:Unknown 1 is a collection of 2 hand transcriptions of North Shanxi folk songs, some done by Jianzhong Wang, but also by others who don't seem to be listed.
Unknown 2 is another transcription, of the song "Shining Glittering Red Stars" by Gengcheng Fu, transcribed by Wanghua Chu. Apparently it comes from a childrens song about Communism.
Wonderful Alex, thanks
regards
Brian
Hands

Post by Hands »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:Dear Friends from the Far East,
can one of you tell me who the composers are, titles and other instructions please.
many thanks in advance
Brian
Hi Brian,

I have attached the Unknown 1 file with the pieces translated under 'Bookmarks'. I am not sure if piece No.2 is by Wang Jian-Zhong, but the rest are by him.
Wang Jian-Zhong et al_Transcriptions.pdf
Best Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

Hands wrote:
HullandHellandHalifax wrote:Dear Friends from the Far East,
many thanks in advance
Brian
Hi Brian,

I have attached the Unknown 1 file with the pieces translated under 'Bookmarks'. I am not sure if piece No.2 is by Wang Jian-Zhong, but the rest are by him.
Wang Jian-Zhong et al_Transcriptions.pdf
Best Regards

From another anthology by another publisher, yes, all four transcription are by Wang Jian-Zhong. By the way, the title means four folk songs (of north Shang-Xi Province)
butiti
Participant

Post by butiti »

Does anyone have the score of "Akira Miyoshi piano sonata"?

and, page 9 of "Yoshinao Nakada Sonata for Piano.pdf" is missing. Does anyone have this page?

Regards
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin

butiti wrote:Does anyone have the score of "Akira Miyoshi piano sonata"?

and, page 9 of "Yoshinao Nakada Sonata for Piano.pdf" is missing. Does anyone have this page?

Regards
I have inserted the missing page in the Sonata and attach the whole thing.
thanks for pointing it out.
Brian
Yoshinao Nakada Sonata for Piano.pdf
butiti
Participant

Post by butiti »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
butiti wrote:Does anyone have the score of "Akira Miyoshi piano sonata"?

Regards
I have inserted the missing page in the Sonata and attach the whole thing.
thanks for pointing it out.
Brian
Yoshinao Nakada Sonata for Piano.pdf
Thank you very much for your wonderful kind.
butiti :P
1.2mvt.mp3
3mvt.mp3
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

From "The Stacks" (what I like to affectionately call the scores over at the Crouch Music Library).

Album of Piano Pieces for Children by Contemporary Japanese Composers, Shunjusha Edition (1969;1984) , Volumes I and II ( of II).
Edited by Toho Gakuen Music for Class for Children

I of II
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8ohv8nv1rx6qdbo
II of II
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?236q4te257cmqy7

Note, please excuse the thumb or finger tip here and there (I made them as unobtrussive as possible) but with volumes containing this many pages I felt better to have a finger in the scan vs. letting the book try to close in on itself and adversely affect the page image.

It is my understanding these are no longer in print (for some time it seems), and are becoming increasingly difficult to find, especially as a complete set (both volumes). I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Google and findings were only a few hits on a some used copies and a library public entry or two of a single volume here or there. A few japanese library hits too it seems.

What I love about this set is that it makes some contemporary music accessible to those less experienced with it. I have not yet played through these but my understanding of the general sound and style of modern piano lit in Japan from the up until the 90's was that it was more in the style of Oliver Messiaen? Please don't cite me, I am just now begining to explore this genre though it has always interested me. I have another album I hope to post by day's end.

Legal Speak:
to the Mods.-I made all attempts I could to ascertain that this is not in print and cannot be commercially purchases new at the time of this post. Should this situation change I can promptly remove the files in question.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you for these.
Jean-Séb