Music from the British Isles

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from the British Isles

Post by fredbucket »

More Dussek as above, from the Bavarian Libraary.

Regards
Fred

DUSSEK'S Concerto, for the PIANO FORTE OR HARP, With Accompaniments, Dedicated to Miss A. Thompson. Op. 30
URL: http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/~db ... 19/images/

A CONCERTO FOR THE HARP, OR Piano-Forte. with the Additional Keys AND ACCOMPANIMENTS Composed by J: L: Dussek. Op. 15. Enter'd at Stationers Hall
URL: http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/~db ... 20/images/
GJF323
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by GJF323 »

musiclife217 wrote:I have been searching for Julius Benedict's - Op. 82 No. 02 - Nocturne

Does anyone have this or have any leads to it ????

Thanks to all !
What a coincidence! I didn't spot the request until I was checking to be sure this hadn't already been posted. Here it is, including some opinionated editor's remarks. Unlike the editor, I did not come equipped with a "divine fire" detector and can't vouch for whether Mendelssohn's compositions have it and Benedict's don't.
Benedict Julius Op.82 n2 Nocturne.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by musiclife217 »

thank you, kindly

this is a very enjoyable piece!
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

The individual titles of James Ching's 6 Piano Pieces,
The Scarecrow, are as long as pieces themselves.
Ching The Scarecrow.pdf
Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
porilo

Post by porilo »

Hi everyone. A couple of scans from me. One is an arrangement of Verdi's "Va Pensiero" by Wallace and the other is "Orazione" by Thorne. Enjoy!
thorne-orazione.pdf
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you for Orazione. Did you upload the second one, Va Pensiero ? I do not see it.
Jean-Séb
porilo

Post by porilo »

Jean-Séb wrote:Thank you for Orazione. Did you upload the second one, Va Pensiero ? I do not see it.
Jean-Séb
Oh, sorry, thanks for letting me know.
wallace-va-pensiero.pdf
I think something must have gone wrong with the upload. Let's hope it works this time. :D
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you Porilo.
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for information about Tellef Johnson project of recording Sorabji works still unexecuted...
Two years ago has been open the site of the fifth sonata, but currently there's still not news about the release of these recordings.

I've tried to contact Tellef Johnson after one year from the my last mail (he replied), but I think that currently her Gmail account has been abandoned...
I've tried to contact the Sorabji Archive, but also they don't know nothin more of me...

Anyone have some informations about it? The project is still active?

Thanks.
Duirton
(Sorry if I posted this question here, but I did not know where post it)
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

I have a recording of Tellef Johnson performing the Second Piano Sonata of Sorabji on the Altarus label.
At the end of a note about him in the booklet, it is mentioned that he is working on the Third Piano Sonata for recording by Altarus.
The booklet notes were written by Alistair Hinton in 1999.

I have been waiting for this disc to appear, but so far without any luck.
Altarus records might be able to give you information.
I do have a recording of the Third Sonata from a broadcast by Yonty Solomen on Radio 3 many years ago, but following with the score do not find it a truly accurate performance. This is spread over two cassettes. Not an ideal way to have to listen to a work. But all that was available to me at the time.
Best wishes.
Peter (liveforpiano).