Catalan composer Jaime Nunó 1824-1908 - Research project

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
pianoholic
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Catalan composer Jaime Nunó 1824-1908 - Research project

Post by pianoholic »

Dear all,

I have been recently commissioned by the Mexican Government to carry out a research project on the work and life of Catalan composer Jaime Nunó (1824-1908), who composed the Mexican national anthem. Unfortunately, not much information has arrived to our days. And even less music of him has survived.

Since this forum is the one of the most illustrated music team I can figure out, I would like to request all of you for any info / score that you might find. As a sign of gratitude, the English version of this book will be available on-line whenever it is finished.

For some info: please check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaime_Nun%C3%B3).

Best regards to all,

Cristian Canton, PhD
University of Barcelona, Spain

PS: BTW, great new look in the forum.
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Catalan composer Jaime Nunó 1824-1908 - Research project

Post by ilu »

Guadalupe Jimenez Codignac has written and extraordinary book about of the Mexican anthem (check CONACULTA site). I am sure that this book will be very useful to you.

Nunó, the author of the music is barely known as a composer.

Also you can dig into Tomás León's life. Perhaps he is with Aniceto Ortega the oldest romantic Mexican composers. If I am not wrong, Leon was the president of the jury in the contest for choosing the Mexican anthem.

Let me know if you require additional data and I will be glad to assist you.

Ildefonso
México
Quo melius Illac
pianoholic
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by pianoholic »

Hello Ildefonso,

thank you for your assistance. I knew already the book by Guadalupe and I'm about to check it in my next visit to Mexico. You're right about León and Ortega as contemporaries of Nunó. Although Nunó is not well known for his compositions I have been able to find some manuscripts with some works of him that I will add to my book.

Any other help, pals?
Thnks!

Cristian, Barcelona

ilu wrote:Guadalupe Jimenez Codignac has written and extraordinary book about of the Mexican anthem (check CONACULTA site). I am sure that this book will be very useful to you.

Nunó, the author of the music is barely known as a composer.

Also you can dig into Tomás León's life. Perhaps he is with Aniceto Ortega the oldest romantic Mexican composers. If I am not wrong, Leon was the president of the jury in the contest for choosing the Mexican anthem.

Let me know if you require additional data and I will be glad to assist you.

Ildefonso
México
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by ilu »

Cristian:

Check this site:

http://www.ieepo.gob.mx/17.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quo melius Illac