Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by fredbucket »

mballan wrote:Georgy Mikhailovich Rimsky-Korsakov. Born 1901 St Petersburg: died 1965 same. Acoustician, teacher and composer. Grandson of Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov.
Just checked with Grove, which states that GRK was the nephew, not grandson, of NRK.

Regards
Fred

(b St Petersburg, 13/26 Dec 1901; d Leningrad [now St Petersburg], 10 Sept 1965). Composer and musicologist, nephew of (1) N.A. Rimsky-Korsakov. He studied under M.A. Steinberg, Sokolov, Lyapunov and Nikolayev at the Petrograd/Leningrad Conservatory until 1927. In the following year he took his kandidat degree at the Leningrad Institute of Theatre and Music, supervised by Finagin and Asaf'yev. He taught from 1927 at the Leningrad Conservatory, where he was Asaf'yev's assistant up to 1929; courses that he directed included acoustics, score reading and orchestration. During the period 1929–32 he also worked at the Lenfilm film studio as a sound engineer. In 1923 he founded a Petrograd society for quarter-tone music, and he made public appearances in concerts and lectures as the director of an ensemble for music of this type (1925–32). His compositions make use of a quarter-tone harmonium and the Emiriton, an electronic keyboard instrument constructed by A.A. Ivanov, A.V. Rimsky-Korsakov, V.L. Kreytser and V.P. Dzerzhkovich.
WORKS

(selective list)

Orch: Sym., F, 1925

Vocal: Myatezh [Uproar] (cant, E. Verhaeren, trans. V. Bryusov), 1927; Rumyanoy zareyu [In the Glow of the Evening] (A. Pushkin), 2 solo vv, pf, 1935; 3 vityaza [3 heroes] (M. Lermontov), 3 solo vv, pf, 1936; Parus [Sail] (Lermontov), 2 solo vv, pf, 1938; Morskaya pekhota [Sea Infantry] (A. Barto), 1v, pf, 1941–5; other trios, duets and songs, c100 romances

Chamber: Qnt, cl, hn, str trio, 1925; 2 str qts, 1926, 1932; Octet, 2 Emiritons, 2 cl, bn, str trio, 1932; Pieces, vn, pf, 1934–55; Poem, vc, pf, 1951; pieces for vc, pf and Emiriton, pf; quarter-tone pieces for 2 pf, harp, harmonium, 2 hps, 1925–30

Pf: 24 preludes, 1922–55; 2 sonatas, 1924, 1932; 8 studies, 1932
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

Has the Artur Lourie's arr. of Stravinsky's symphonie d'instruments a vent ever been posted on PP?

Tony
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

lutoslawski wrote:Has the Artur Lourie's arr. of Stravinsky's symphonie d'instruments a vent ever been posted on PP?

Tony
Probably. I've re-cropped the score, so for those that already have it, it is worth downloading anew.
Stravinsky-Lourie Symphonies of Wind Instruments 1920 (pno).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

rob wrote:
lutoslawski wrote:Has the Artur Lourie's arr. of Stravinsky's symphonie d'instruments a vent ever been posted on PP?

Tony
Probably. I've re-cropped the score, so for those that already have it, it is worth downloading anew.
Stravinsky-Lourie Symphonies of Wind Instruments 1920 (pno).pdf
Fantastic Thanks Rob.

I know this has been recorded. Has the other arrangements been recorded? (quator a cordes and octet)

Tony
passthesalt
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by passthesalt »

isokani wrote:
mballan wrote:
Dani_area_51 wrote:Can anyone post pieces by Zaderatsky ? Thank you.
Zaderatsky is currently in print in Russia and as such is still in copyright. I have e-mailed you privately.

Malcolm
Zaderatsky's son has been "in charge" of the publication of his father's music, and has been so sucessful at this that the major work -- the first existing Russian cycle of 24 Preludes and Fugues -- has for years failed to appear in print, which is a real pity.
Not to mention Zaderatsky's damn China Cups, which I doubt will ever surface either. Can't someone just mosey over to his son's house, break into the attic, borrow the manuscripts, scan them, then carefully put them back?
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Post by phikfy »

I'm looking for the Three Pieces (1911) by Vasyl Barvinsky (this set is not even on Wiki, but only in Malcolm's list of Russian composers). Does anyone have it? I love the "Song" from the set especially, after listening to Maria Dolyncky's CD Poetic Moods. Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,
Koon
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

passthesalt wrote:
isokani wrote:
mballan wrote:
Dani_area_51 wrote:Can anyone post pieces by Zaderatsky ? Thank you.
Zaderatsky is currently in print in Russia and as such is still in copyright. I have e-mailed you privately.

Malcolm
Zaderatsky's son has been "in charge" of the publication of his father's music, and has been so sucessful at this that the major work -- the first existing Russian cycle of 24 Preludes and Fugues -- has for years failed to appear in print, which is a real pity.
Not to mention Zaderatsky's damn China Cups, which I doubt will ever surface either. Can't someone just mosey over to his son's house, break into the attic, borrow the manuscripts, scan them, then carefully put them back?
I thought i wouldnt use the word borrow haha.

Tony
HTIEKFR
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: PIANO

Post by HTIEKFR »

Hello
I'm looking for Shchedrin's TROIKA
The score is probably still under copyright (??) so does anybody know if it's available anywhere ?
Thks
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

HTIEKFR wrote:Hello
I'm looking for Shchedrin's TROIKA
The score is probably still under copyright (??) so does anybody know if it's available anywhere ?
Thks
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Six ... no/4283651
http://www.di-arezzo.com/france/partiti ... 01938.html
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
besmart
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by besmart »

Hi all,

Can anyone shed any light on the other brother - Nikolai Rubinstein?

There are a small amount of compositions available through Sibley. I believe there is a Fantasia on Schumann and a Nocturne from my research.

Does anyone have a copy of these two pieces or know where they might exist?

Thanks. :?