French Piano Music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: French Piano Music

Post by liveforpiano »

The last piece by Chaminade today is the Opus 168 Dans L'Arene.
Chaminade C. Dans L'Arene Op.168.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Lovely,
thanks
tobyjj
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

tobyjj wrote:
fleubis wrote:
I see Phillip Sears as gone digital, as have I--seems the only sensible thing to do when when one's got over 10,000 scores on a hard drive, and I get a lot of shelf space back.
I think he has been digital for some time ... I have looked at his set up with envy for some time, but with different pianos on which to play and trying to find a universal "one size fits all" solution, I have dithered and dithered over what to get - consequently I am not yet digital. Most of my scores are on 1 terabyte external hard drives and I worry that a notebook (which I think Phillip uses), may not have sufficient power or processing capacity to cope with these, or may be too slow, or worse still, may corrupt the whole EHD, (something I have experienced more than once already). I don't want to have to back up all my external hard drives repeatedly either, so I am still puzzling over the optimum solution, though I completely agree, that digital is the sensible way to go.

I think Phillip has a device for turning the pages, but I am not sure what it is - I believe you can get a foot switch, but I don't think he has that. I'd be interested to know what the options are, what others are using and any general advice about easy set ups. In particular, how have people adapted a digital display for upright pianos - this is my biggest hurdle at the moment.

regards,
tobyjj
tobjj, here is the solution http://airturn.com and this is what I have running off a very quiet MacMini and a 23" LCD monitor with backups going to my network server. The page turning pedals work great and are very quiet, but I have a few suggestions for the software used, but it does work, and it's housing over 10,000 scores. I had to remove the stand that the monitor comes with and mount the monitor on this neat stand I got from ebay: http://tinyurl.com/cdy57xp and this fits neatly on my piano with the desk down. With an upright you wouldn't need the stand---just the right LED monitor. The speed of your machine is an issue--faster is better or you'll be waiting for page refreshes.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

liveforpiano wrote:Some more Chaminade.
This piece is call Aubade and is Opus 140 I mention this as IMSLP have a piece by this name on their site. I have checked it however and that is a song. This is a piano solo.
What a treat for Chaminade's lovers. Thank you so much.
IMSLP correctly lists op.140 "Aubade for piano" and does not have that score.
The IMSLP score that shares the same title is given without any opus number and the musis is quite different.
There is also another Aubade for piano, opus 126, n°2, in the Album des Enfants, which is on IMSLP. As the score indicates, opus 140 is an elaboration on opus 126, n°2.
Again, many thanks.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by musiclife217 »

liveforpiano wrote:Here is Feuilles D'Automne Opus 146 by Chaminade.
Chaminade Feuilles D'Automne.Opus 146pdf
Chaminade's music has brought me so much pleasure over the years as do these scores. Her op. 146 has been one of my favorites, too. I am also hunting down some Chaminade rarities and will be happy to post soon! Would you know of her Op. 169 - Valse d'Automne?
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

Hello musiclife217,
I do have the score of the Valse d' Automne Opus 169.
I just need to find it. There is another batch of Chaminade's Music to
come, and as soon as I find it I will scan and post.

Best wishes to all, and thank you for your kind messages.
Peter.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

liveforpiano wrote:Hello musiclife217,
I do have the score of the Valse d' Automne Opus 169.
I just need to find it. There is another batch of Chaminade's Music to
come, and as soon as I find it I will scan and post.

Best wishes to all, and thank you for your kind messages.
Peter.
Wow, thanks in advance for sure! I will scan and post what I have just as soon as I can!
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

liveforpiano wrote:I have been going through my music collection recently, and have now found some more works by Chaminade.
I still have more to find, and hope that I will be able to put those on this site in the near future.
Meanwhile here is the first of eight pieces that are not available on IMSLP.
Opus 134 Le Retour.
Chaminade Le Retour Op.134.pdf
notably, this piece was "recorded" on piano roll by the dedicatee Fanny Bloomfield-Zeisler !
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

Here, as promised, is a few more pieces by Chaminade.
The first is Capricietto opus 136.
Chaminade C. Capricietto Op.136.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

Another work by Chaminade Romanesca Opus 163.
Chaminade C. Romanesca Op.163.pdf