Recordings and Requests

Private recordings of unusual works to be shared with members
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Recordings and Requests

Post by musiclife217 »

thank you so much again Alex! the Chaminade is wonderful! there are really only a few "holes" in her repertoire that have not been recorded and I also have a few scores that are missing from imslp, etc... I will be more than happy to sift through and post .... Moszkowski is also wonderful - from what I can tell in his output, he must have been quite the pianist - there are definitely some gems there also... thank you! thank you! thank you!
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

off the top of my head I am interested to hear the Chaminade Op. 05 - Menuet; Op. 06 - Berceuse; and Op. 07 - Barcarolle ... for some reason these early works have never been recorded - I am also in the process of obtaining her very first opp. 01-04 and will be glad to share in order to fill the gaps... ;) thank you always and again and again!
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

I add also my personal scan of Chaminade - Op. 57 - Havanaise, for your consideration (may feel free to move to women composers section...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Alex »

I can certainly try to plug the gap and play some more Chaminade! I very much look forward to your scans of other Chaminade, and Dohler as well! Thanks for the Havanaise, I'll take a look sometime soon.
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

I requested a scan of this volume from Paris and would be particularly interested to hear your take on the first of the etudes in the set, which isn't particularly difficult, but for which the modulations are quite interesting:

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b5 ... zer.langFR

Thanks again!

4c
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

Thanks 4candles. I'm not familiar with the website. Are you able to post a pdf of the score?
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

Alex wrote:Thanks 4candles. I'm not familiar with the website. Are you able to post a pdf of the score?
Hi Alex.
No problem.
I've attached a PDF of this etude here (hope it's of good enough quality).
It is a bit repetitive, but I was immediately struck by it when I first looked at it - especially considering it was probably written in the 1840s or earlier.
I wonder what you think?
Kreutzer_etude de premier force (1).pdf
Thanks again.
4c
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Hello Alex and all !

I would like to humbly request recording of some of the scores shared here or on imslp of Philipp Scharwenka. As our very own Frank has indicated - his piano music has virtually never been recorded and sorely overlooked...

Perhaps the Op. 65 Romantische Episoden that Frank has highlighted would be a nice place to start... ;) Thanks for your consideration!

[ P.S. I am still working on the Dohler - hard to get a good scan so far...and I would like to choose pieces worthy of one's time and sense of hearing, ;) ]
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

Hi all! Sorry there have been no recordings for a while. I was spending time preparing for a concert that was over a week ago, and then got sick around that time. I'll be making some new recordings hopefully soon.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Alex wrote:Hi all! Sorry there have been no recordings for a while. I was spending time preparing for a concert that was over a week ago, and then got sick around that time. I'll be making some new recordings hopefully soon.
I hope you were pleased with your performances! I'm sure that it was wonderful! Good to hear! :D ♪♫♪