Parisian second-hand music stores

Second-Hand Sheet Music? CDs & Vinyl? Shops for musicians who travel or stay at home!
passthesalt
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Parisian second-hand music stores

Post by passthesalt »

Any suggestions for second-hand music stores in Paris? I will be visiting there in March.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Parisian second-hand music stores

Post by Jean-Séb »

We used to have a thread for these things, maybe in the previous version of the PiPhi.
Anyway, there is not much to say, because the market is not very active since most of the second-hand sales go through eBay. Actually, there is no second-hand music store as such in Paris, but only regular music store that can have a few boxes of second-hand stuff.
You can try :
1) ARIOSO 45 rue de Rome 75008 Paris
They have boxes outside the shop for second-hand but you may find some inside as well.
2) FLUTE DE PAN 49 rue de Rome 75008 Paris
Not much, but it is just one block from Arioso.
3) PUGNO 19 Quai des Grands Augustins 75006 Paris
An historical tiny shop. Usually, there is one box or two of second-hand piano music. You have to ask for it and it looks as if it annoys the guy to help you. Never mind, you might find unusual stuff sometimes.
4) There are several big general second-hand bookshops at the Flea Market (Marché aux Puces) in Saint-Ouen which have occasionally some music. The whole area is rather scary; mind your wallet and camera!
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

I recall a few music stores and minor publishers with boxes outside the door in some of the galeries and passages around the intersection of Rue and Boulevard Montmartre. It's 6 years since I was there so no guarantee of continuity.

di-Arezzo is located at 160 Rue Montmartre but has no floor sales.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Jean-Séb »

No real music shop in that area that I know, but as a matter of fact, several second-hand book shops that might have some music, from time to time, according to who has died and they sell the stuff therefrom!
In any case, ebay and the like have drastically reduced the amount of scores that are sold in shops.