Secondhand Music Shops in Russia

Second-Hand Sheet Music? CDs & Vinyl? Shops for musicians who travel or stay at home!
Duirton

Secondhand Music Shops in Russia

Post by Duirton »

Is very hard find a old score of Louriè, Blumenfeld, Bortkiewicz, Feinberg and in general the Russian/Ukrainians/Jews composers out to the Russia.
Exist any music shops that dealing a secondhand scores in Moscow and neighborhood? I think that is the only place where can having old edition like a Jurgenson etc.

Thanks.
Arjuna
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Pianoforte
Music Scores: No

Re: Secondhand Music Shops in Russia

Post by Arjuna »

There is plenty of Blumenfeld and Bortkiewicz on http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page
Also, you my be better off going to conservatory and university libraries than second hand shops. Also try state or national libraries.
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

Arjuna wrote:There is plenty of Blumenfeld and Bortkiewicz on http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page
Also, you my be better off going to conservatory and university libraries than second hand shops. Also try state or national libraries.
Thanks, but I mean only a PAPER (used) scores.... I have everything on PDF of Blumenfeld, Bortkiewitcz etc.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by mballan »

Duirton wrote:
Arjuna wrote:There is plenty of Blumenfeld and Bortkiewicz on http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page
Thanks, but I mean only a PAPER (used) scores.... I have everything on PDF of Blumenfeld, Bortkiewitcz etc.
Hello Duirton

I can assure you that you will not find any Bortkiewicz at all in Russia......all his music was publish in Europe [Benjamin, Rahter, Ries & Erler etc.]...it possible to occassionally find old scores from various 2nd hand dealers [but generally quite rare]. Thankfully the majority of his scores are in print via Boosey, Peters, etc.

Jurgenson, Bessel, Belaieff and similar publishers are generally very difficult to find in Russia [you will more likely find old copies scattered in Europe, although usually quite expensive], unless you seek photocopies from various Russian libraries or conservatoires as previously suggested. Most of these old publishers were either destroyed during the Russian revolution or where absorbed into the State Publisher after 1920. There are odd 2nd hand music shops around but you really need contacts in places like Moscow, plus the bulk of scores that tend to be available to purchase are from Soviet composers rather than composers pre-1920.

Malcolm
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

mballan wrote:
Duirton wrote:
Hello Duirton

I can assure you that you will not find any Bortkiewicz at all in Russia......all his music was publish in Europe [Benjamin, Rahter, Ries & Erler etc.]...it possible to occassionally find old scores from various 2nd hand dealers [but generally quite rare]. Thankfully the majority of his scores are in print via Boosey, Peters, etc.

Jurgenson, Bessel, Belaieff and similar publishers are generally very difficult to find in Russia [you will more likely find old copies scattered in Europe, although usually quite expensive], unless you seek photocopies from various Russian libraries or conservatoires as previously suggested. Most of these old publishers were either destroyed during the Russian revolution or where absorbed into the State Publisher after 1920. There are odd 2nd hand music shops around but you really need contacts in places like Moscow, plus the bulk of scores that tend to be available to purchase are from Soviet composers rather than composers pre-1920.

Malcolm

I understand...
Thanks for the informations.