Score and CD Organisation

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Score and CD Organisation

Post by soh choon wee »

We all have lots of scores... how do you arrange them in your book shelves???
By composer (then the problem is what do you do with anthology)?
Underlying this question is.... my great dissatisfaction with some scores (typically the French publishers) who uses a slightly larger format than the rest... Earlier Durand.. also some Amsterdam editions. It appears untidy.
Also, I am rather disturbed by the arrangement.... would not all Henles, all Wien-Urtext, Schirmir be placed together, since they have a common book cover...
There is also problem with Duo/Duet, if I keep them as a separate group, it will be separated from the composer list.

I tried the library system.... but I hate to have all etudes separated from sonatas..etc

Oh, yes.... then there is another famous question too, how do you keep your CDs??? Schumann concerto usually gets paired up with Grieg, and I have problems keeping them in place (other than buying two copies of a same CD).
timgill
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Score and CD Organisation

Post by timgill »

I organise my scores by instrument type : keyboard, bowed strings, plucked strings, woodwind, brass, percussion, large mixed ensembles, voice.

Within these groups I then organise by instrument so, for example, keyboard will be piano, harpsichord, organ, accordion.

Within each instrument albums (containing the works of more than one composer) come first, followed by composer A-Z.

So, if I want to play a Telemann trumpet concerto I know where to look. Usually.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac

Post by soh choon wee »

Let me be evil..... where do you put your Harp scores??? Keyboard or percussion??
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac

Post by soh choon wee »

I must say..... another irritation is the Latest PWM Chopin editions.... there are some orchestra scores among the collection, and two chamber music too!!!
timgill
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by timgill »

Harp music goes under plucked strings, along with guitar, zither, mandolin etc...