Desert Island Piano

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
davida march
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Re: Desert Island Piano

Post by davida march »

Can you bring a solar-powered Disklavier?
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

davida march wrote:Can you bring a solar-powered Disklavier?
Of course you can, that was the beauty of D.I.D they allowed you to take whatever you wanted, just think of it...You are to be left on a desert island with no possibility of rescue or escape but we will make sure you have all the luxuries you can carry, and hey presto you end up in Tasmania with a solar-powered disklavier with a key missing and a huge audience of "devils" ...sounds like real fun!
regards
"One-way travels", travel with us to destinations unknown
no-one ever came back to complain
Arjuna
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Pianoforte

Post by Arjuna »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
davida march wrote:Can you bring a solar-powered Disklavier?
Of course you can, that was the beauty of D.I.D they allowed you to take whatever you wanted, just think of it...You are to be left on a desert island with no possibility of rescue or escape but we will make sure you have all the luxuries you can carry, and hey presto you end up in Tasmania with a solar-powered disklavier with a key missing and a huge audience of "devils" ...sounds like real fun!
regards
"One-way travels", travel with us to destinations unknown
no-one ever came back to complain
:lol: That's boring!!!! Stop being so boring!!!! If you can take whatever you want, what's the point in being stuck on a desert island - you may as well stay where you are. :lol:
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin

Boring?? my a**e, thats the rules of the programme, you are allowed to take ONE luxury item only, so how do you choose between a disklavier and a solar-powered water purifier or whatever takes your fancy. Come on arjuna you started the thread, you make the rules up and let us know exactly what they are. Desert Island Discs is copyright protected would you believe so you cannot change the format, you will have to call it something else...so be creative and not boring!
cheers
Brian
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Desert Island Discs, Desert Island Piano.
Am I the only one who thinks that both ideas are deeply flawed, because:-
(a) the acoustics would be truly terrible,
(b) whatever music was selected, boredom with it would inevitably set in eventually.
Surely the sounds of the breaking waves and the sea-birds would be all you need.
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin

Timtin wrote:Desert Island Discs, Desert Island Piano.
(b) whatever music was selected, boredom with it would inevitably set in eventually.
Surely the sounds of the breaking waves and the sea-birds would be all you need.
I am sure everyone will realise that Timtim was a pupil of John Cage and besides the building of a concert hall would relieve any boredom.
regards
Brian
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

I think just ONE composition is what was intended. Ten is far too easy. So, absolute favourite work for piano. Not the best, the most beautiful or the most tearful - just a favourite. Mine was Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit. Come on, let's have some alternatives? Anyone for Liszt's Sonata? :twisted:
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin

rob wrote:I think just ONE composition is what was intended. Ten is far too easy. So, absolute favourite work for piano. Not the best, the most beautiful or the most tearful - just a favourite. Mine was Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit. Come on, let's have some alternatives? Anyone for Liszt's Sonata? :twisted:
My God :o I forgot the Liszt Sonata on my list...how could I...I will take 10 in that case :lol:
thanks for reminding me Rob
Brian
Arjuna
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Pianoforte

Post by Arjuna »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:Boring?? my a**e, thats the rules of the programme, you are allowed to take ONE luxury item only, so how do you choose between a disklavier and a solar-powered water purifier or whatever takes your fancy. Come on arjuna you started the thread, you make the rules up and let us know exactly what they are. Desert Island Discs is copyright protected would you believe so you cannot change the format, you will have to call it something else...so be creative and not boring!
cheers
Brian
First of all, I'm just teasing you,
secondly, I didn't name the thread, that was done for me by one of the moderators (I originally put it in "musical puns etc.")
thirdly, the game is desert island piano, not desert island disks,
fourthly, the rules are there, plain as day, in the first post - and I know you saw them because you complained about them in your first post,
fifthly, it's a hypothetical question, I don't actually intend to send you to a desert island with just one work so no need to fear missing out,

I wish I had five more for you to make up 10.
Timtin wrote:Desert Island Discs, Desert Island Piano.
The "desert" in desert island is meant to imply that the island is deserted, not a desert, plus you have a good shelter. Plus you wouldn't have to play the work all the time.
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

My choice is definitely the Goldberg Variations.
Best regards, Ferruccio