bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Musical puns, jokes, and teasers

Post by bingo »

Someone on MuseScore is trying to identify this piano piece
https://musescore.com/user/30473954/scores/6840787
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tonylucuchu
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi, this is not really a joke but more of a musical joke on its own. I am looking for a set of short piano pieces that have homage elements of other composers. I found the set a few years ago on YouTube and can’t find it now. All o remember was there was a homage to Grieg and a homage to Grieg piece. There may also be one paying homage to Satie. Any help would be appreciated.
P.S. I know, for sure, it's not Casella Op. 17 but very similar.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:22 pm Hi, this is not really a joke but more of a musical joke on its own. I am looking for a set of short piano pieces that have homage elements of other composers. I found the set a few years ago on YouTube and can’t find it now. All o remember was there was a homage to Grieg and a homage to Grieg piece. There may also be one paying homage to Satie. Any help would be appreciated.
There are a few parody sets with variations each done in the style of different composers e.g. Siegried Ochs "S'kommt ein Vogel geflogen" and Cornelius Gurlitt's "Ach du lieber Augustin" , Schott published these together as "Humoristische Variationen". These predate Satie so not the ones you seek.

Nursery rhyme and Christmas carol variation sets abound.
tonylucuchu
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

bingo wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:56 am
tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:22 pm Hi, this is not really a joke but more of a musical joke on its own. I am looking for a set of short piano pieces that have homage elements of other composers. I found the set a few years ago on YouTube and can’t find it now. All o remember was there was a homage to Grieg and a homage to Grieg piece. There may also be one paying homage to Satie. Any help would be appreciated.
There are a few parody sets with variations each done in the style of different composers e.g. Siegried Ochs "S'kommt ein Vogel geflogen" and Cornelius Gurlitt's "Ach du lieber Augustin" , Schott published these together as "Humoristische Variationen". These predate Satie so not the ones you seek.

Nursery rhyme and Christmas carol variation sets abound.
Thanks for the suggestions! they are both great set of Parodies. any similar ones but making fun (or homage to) CPE Bach, Liszt, and Rachmaninoff?
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:38 pm
Thanks for the suggestions! they are both great set of Parodies. any similar ones but making fun (or homage to) CPE Bach, Liszt, and Rachmaninoff?
I don't think I've ever seen any with CPE Bach but definitely some LIszt and Rach around e.g.
Rachmaninov Bond.jpg
or

There are also a few published volumes of Bruce Adolphe's Piano Puzzlers which have been running for 20+ years on US National Public Radio, where popular tunes are recast in the style of various composers.
Piano Puzzlers Volume 2 (2012).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.