Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
Post Reply
User avatar
rob
Site Admin
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by rob » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:46 pm

iano wrote:Time for the 'Pieces that should-N't have been written...' thread? Personally, I think 'Carmina Burana' should be written orff.
Sadly for me I am singing it (yet again) in just over a month's time. Still the chorus will make some money from it!

Then Ian & Tim, it's time to start a new thread! Though I expect I will not be allowed to put everything by Wagner & Liszt in the sin bin?

Timtin
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1800
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:36 pm
Music Scores: Yes
Contact:

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by Timtin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Well Rob, on reflection, I wouldn't dare - too much blood would get spilt.

Op. XXXIX

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by Op. XXXIX » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Timtin wrote:Well Rob, on reflection, I wouldn't dare - too much blood would get spilt.
That's a fair assessment... ;)

User avatar
rob
Site Admin
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by rob » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Timtin wrote:Well Rob, on reflection, I wouldn't dare - too much blood would get spilt.
I have a mop and bucket. The latter is known as Fred!

HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by HullandHellandHalifax » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 pm

rob wrote:
iano wrote:Time for the 'Pieces that should-N't have been written...' thread? Personally, I think 'Carmina Burana' should be written orff.
Sadly for me I am singing it (yet again) in just over a month's time. Still the chorus will make some money from it!

Then Ian & Tim, it's time to start a new thread! Though I expect I will not be allowed to put everything by Wagner & Liszt in the sin bin?
You can on one condition and that is that I can put everything by Mozart and Simeon ten Holt in another much larger bin :lol: :lol:
regards
Brian
PS I bet you simply loved the book by Ernest Newman about liszt called "The man Liszt" :shock:

User avatar
rob
Site Admin
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by rob » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 pm

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
rob wrote:
iano wrote:Time for the 'Pieces that should-N't have been written...' thread? Personally, I think 'Carmina Burana' should be written orff.
Sadly for me I am singing it (yet again) in just over a month's time. Still the chorus will make some money from it!

Then Ian & Tim, it's time to start a new thread! Though I expect I will not be allowed to put everything by Wagner & Liszt in the sin bin?
You can on one condition and that is that I can put everything by Mozart and Simeon ten Holt in another much larger bin :lol: :lol:
regards
Brian
PS I bet you simply loved the book by Ernest Newman about liszt called "The man Liszt" :shock:
Oh was he a man? I thought he was a figment of your imagination!

HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by HullandHellandHalifax » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:46 pm

rob wrote:
HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
rob wrote:
iano wrote:Time for the 'Pieces that should-N't have been written...' thread? Personally, I think 'Carmina Burana' should be written orff.
Sadly for me I am singing it (yet again) in just over a month's time. Still the chorus will make some money from it!

Then Ian & Tim, it's time to start a new thread! Though I expect I will not be allowed to put everything by Wagner & Liszt in the sin bin?
You can on one condition and that is that I can put everything by Mozart and Simeon ten Holt in another much larger bin :lol: :lol:
regards
Brian
PS I bet you simply loved the book by Ernest Newman about liszt called "The man Liszt" :shock:
Oh was he a man? I thought he was a figment of your imagination!
Oh Rob, he was never a man but always a God!

User avatar
iano
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 pm
Music Scores: Yes
Contact:

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by iano » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:36 pm

rob wrote:Sadly for me I am singing it (yet again) in just over a month's time. Still the chorus will make some money from it!
O Fortuna!

User avatar
rob
Site Admin
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by rob » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:40 am

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
rob wrote:
HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
rob wrote:
iano wrote:Time for the 'Pieces that should-N't have been written...' thread? Personally, I think 'Carmina Burana' should be written orff.
Sadly for me I am singing it (yet again) in just over a month's time. Still the chorus will make some money from it!

Then Ian & Tim, it's time to start a new thread! Though I expect I will not be allowed to put everything by Wagner & Liszt in the sin bin?
You can on one condition and that is that I can put everything by Mozart and Simeon ten Holt in another much larger bin :lol: :lol:
regards
Brian
PS I bet you simply loved the book by Ernest Newman about liszt called "The man Liszt" :shock:
Oh was he a man? I thought he was a figment of your imagination!
Oh Rob, he was never a man but always a God!
A god? I rest my case. A figment of your imagination.

Arjuna
Pianophiliac
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:52 am
Instruments played, if any: Pianoforte
Music Scores: No
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by Arjuna » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:51 am

Anyone seen Ken Russell's "Lisztomania" with Roger Daltrey as Liszt, Ringo Star as the Pope and Wagner depicted as a Nazi vampire?

Post Reply