Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Pieces that SHOULD have been written...

Post by rob »

iano wrote:Time for the 'Pieces that should-N't have been written...' thread? Personally, I think 'Carmina Burana' should be written orff.
Sadly for me I am singing it (yet again) in just over a month's time. Still the chorus will make some money from it!

Then Ian & Tim, it's time to start a new thread! Though I expect I will not be allowed to put everything by Wagner & Liszt in the sin bin?
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Well Rob, on reflection, I wouldn't dare - too much blood would get spilt.
Op. XXXIX

Post by Op. XXXIX »

Timtin wrote:Well Rob, on reflection, I wouldn't dare - too much blood would get spilt.
That's a fair assessment... ;)
rob
Pianomaniac

Post by rob »

Timtin wrote:Well Rob, on reflection, I wouldn't dare - too much blood would get spilt.
I have a mop and bucket. The latter is known as Fred!
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

rob wrote:
iano wrote:Time for the 'Pieces that should-N't have been written...' thread? Personally, I think 'Carmina Burana' should be written orff.
Sadly for me I am singing it (yet again) in just over a month's time. Still the chorus will make some money from it!

Then Ian & Tim, it's time to start a new thread! Though I expect I will not be allowed to put everything by Wagner & Liszt in the sin bin?
You can on one condition and that is that I can put everything by Mozart and Simeon ten Holt in another much larger bin :lol: :lol:
regards
Brian
PS I bet you simply loved the book by Ernest Newman about liszt called "The man Liszt" :shock:
rob
Pianomaniac

Post by rob »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
rob wrote:

You can on one condition and that is that I can put everything by Mozart and Simeon ten Holt in another much larger bin :lol: :lol:
regards
Brian
PS I bet you simply loved the book by Ernest Newman about liszt called "The man Liszt" :shock:
Oh was he a man? I thought he was a figment of your imagination!
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

rob wrote:
rob wrote:

regards
Brian
Oh Rob, he was never a man but always a God!
iano

Post by iano »

rob wrote:Sadly for me I am singing it (yet again) in just over a month's time. Still the chorus will make some money from it!
O Fortuna!
rob
Pianomaniac

Post by rob »

rob wrote:
rob wrote:

regards
Brian
Oh Rob, he was never a man but always a God!
A god? I rest my case. A figment of your imagination.
Arjuna
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Pianoforte
Music Scores: No

Post by Arjuna »

Anyone seen Ken Russell's "Lisztomania" with Roger Daltrey as Liszt, Ringo Star as the Pope and Wagner depicted as a Nazi vampire?