Composer Opportunities - calls for scores

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
iano
Music Scores: Yes

Composer Opportunities - calls for scores

Post by iano »

I know there are a few composers here, and occasionally there are opportunities worth circulating. This one might interest those who tried to jump start the 'Pianophilia Variations' project-ette on the previous incarnation of pp. The Aurora Festival is currently directed by Matthew Hindson.

2010 ISCM World New Music Days

Sydney Australia

30 April to 9 May 2010

CALL FOR WORKS

Momentary Pleasures

Closing date: 31 December 2009

Typically composers will spend many days, weeks, months and even years writing pieces of music. But to write an entire piece in one day can be also be a singularly pleasurable experience.

The 2010 Aurora Festival will be presenting a unique concert of new piano works, each of which will have been written by composers in a single day.

We invite submissions from composers from around the world for this concert.

The theme of this concert is 'Momentary Pleasures'. Composers should write a work with this theme in mind - however they wish to interpret this.

Criteria

Instrumentation: solo (unamplified) piano. Playing inside the piano to be avoided.

Duration: Maximum two notated pages, maximum 4 minutes in length.

Composition time: The composer must include a declaration stating that the submitted piece was written within a single day. Typesetting time may be additional to this single day.

Nationality: Composers may be from anywhere in the world.

Age restriction: There is no maximum or minimum age restriction.

Entry fee: There is no entry fee for this category.

The following should be submitted:

* Score in PDF format

* Recording (Optional. MIDI recordings acceptable. mp3 format only)

* Name and nationality of the composer

* Address

* Email contact

* Programme notes (max. 100 words, in English) detailing how the theme of 'momentary pleasures' was used in the submitted composition.

* A written declaration from the composer in the body of the email stating that this composition was written in a single day.

Entries must be submitted electronically via email to the following address: p.horn@australianmusiccentre.com.au

Date of receipt of entries: 5pm Thursday - 31 December 2009 (EST).
Laertes

Re: Composer Opportunities - calls for scores

Post by Laertes »

I've never done something like this before but I'm definitely interested. One thing though, I'm not quite sure I understand, when you say the theme is "momentary pleasures" do you mean the composition just has to sound like what the theme suggests?
Also do you get anything out of it? Or is it just for fun? (either way, I'm doing it)
davida march
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by davida march »

momentarypleasures@aurorafestival.com.au
is the email on the site page
Arjuna
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Pianoforte
Music Scores: No

Post by Arjuna »

Results are in. Any luck?
I submitted two works but neither of them were chosen. Oh well, that's what you get for getting your hopes up. :lol:
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)
Music Scores: Yes

Post by 4candles »

Sorry I missed this one - would have been interesting to come up with something.

:|