The Music Publishers' Thread

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
timgill
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Re: The Music Publishers' Thread

Post by timgill »

Dear All,

I’m pleased to tell you that Kapustin’s publishers, A-RAM, have said that they will be releasing a significant number of hitherto unpublished or out-of-print piano works during the next 12-18 months.

They’re going to send me full details of these forthcoming publications by the end of this month; I’ll post it here as soon I get it.

I’m also pleased to tell you that they have updated their current catalogue of Kapustin’s compositions. You can find all the details here https://www.tutti.co.uk/l/kapustin?gcli ... 7QodMsAJjw then click on one of the orange boxes

You can also find out more about Kapustin under “Featured sheet music” on the right side of each page.

If you have any questions, please get in touch.

Cheers, Tim
timgill

Post by timgill »

Following my recent email about A-RAM’s publishing programme (see above), there is some confusion about the involvement of Schott with Kapustin. I’d like to clarify the situation.

Schott signed a publishing agreement with Kapustin in 2014, even though he had made an agreement with A-RAM eleven years before that.

Many of Kapustin’s works are now published by Schott, of which many have previously been available for a number of years from A-RAM, as you might know.

Because of the above, we have repeatedly asked Schott to stop publishing Kapustin’s music. Schott has not complied with this request.

In addition to this, Schott has also:
1. Led its customers to believe that it has “taken over” the publication of Kapustin’s works
2. Claimed that its editions are the “authorized” versions, and that the A-RAM editions should no longer be purchased
3. Used textual matter lifted, copied, paraphrased and adapted from the A-RAM editions
4. Most damagingly, stated that A-RAM has not paid the composer any royalties. We would like to make particularly clear, and public, that it has actually paid Nikolai Kapustin tens of thousands of pounds in royalties.

I apologise if the above seems complicated but I have related all the facts, as given to me by the publishers. Thank you for your understanding.

I will be happy to answer any questions until whenever the matter should become sub judice.

Best wishes

Tim

A-RAM MOSCOW : NIKOLAI KAPUSTIN PUBLISHING PROGRAMME 2017-2020

All works are for piano solo unless stated otherwise

November - December 2017

Piano Concerto No 2 op 14, piano + string orchestra + band **
Minuet op 21, band *
Daybreak (Sunrise) op 26
Motive Force op 45
Big Band Sounds op 46

January - March 2018

Enigma op 23, band *
Concert Rhapsody op 25, piano + string orchestra + band **
Contemplation (Meditation) op 47
Andante op 58
Berceuse op 65

April - June 2018

Two-Movement Concerto op 30, band + orchestra (without brass) **
Piano Concerto No 6 op 74, piano + band **
Three Etudes op 67
Humoresque op 75
Paraphrase on a Theme by Paul Dvoyrin op 108

July - September 2018

Gingerbread Man op 111
The End of the Rainbow op 112
Wheel of Fortune op 113
No Stop Signs op 114
Fantasia op 115

October - December 2018

Spice Island op 117
Paraphrase on Ary Barroso’s “Aquarela do Brasil” op 118
Paraphrase on Kenny Dorham’s “Blue Bossa” op 123
Introduction & Rondo op 128
Viola Sonata op 69, viola + piano

January - March 2019

Capriccio op 71
Theme & Variations op 80
Impromptu op 83
Seven Polyphonic Pieces for the Left Hand op 87
Divertissement op 91, 2 flutes + cello + piano

Thereafter in 2019, in no particular order:

Two-Movement Concerto op 20, piano duet
Piano Concerto No 3 op 48, 2 pianos
Cello Sonata No 1 op 63, cello + piano
Piano Concerto No 5 op 72, 2 pianos
Piano Concerto No 6 op 74, 2 pianos
Intrada & Finale op 79, flute + oboe + viola + piano + double bass + drums
Cello Sonata No 2 op 84, cello + piano
Introduction & Scherzino op 93, cello solo
Ballad op 94
Scherzo op 95
Suite op 106, viola + alto sax + double bass + piano

Then in 2020, in no particular order:

Piano Sonatas Nos 13-20 opp 110/120/127/131/134/135/143/144
Rondoletto op 116
Nothing to Lose op 119
Vanity of Vanities op 121
Two Etude-Like Trinkets op 122
Suite op 124
Countermove op 130 (dedicated to Marc-Andre Hamelin)
Good Intention op 137
Sleight of Hand op 138
Holy Cow op 139
Freeway op 140

*published as a custom print full score on sale
**published as a custom print full score on sale; performance material to be available on rental at a later date
timgill

Post by timgill »

Must female composers.xlsx
Here is my company's list of female composers and their compositions for piano
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timgill

Post by timgill »

We're running a special offer (20% off all titles, including lots of piano music) on our retail website tutti.co.uk.

Offer expires on 31 March 2020, so don't delay....!
timgill

Post by timgill »

tutti.co.uk are running a special offer of 50% off most Kapustin titles https://www.tutti.co.uk/sheet-music/by- ... %20nikolai
timgill

Post by timgill »

So.... farewell to you all; I’m writing to let you know that I’ve decided to call it a day, exit from the fray and close my company down at the end of this year.

This should have happened a few years ago, but then Covid intervened and it had to be postponed for a while.

Being in the music publishing industry since 1979 has been a total blessing for me, not least because I’ve been lucky enough to be able make a career out of something I love. I’ve enjoyed every moment of it.

There will be a significant quantity of stock to be disposed of. My company's inventory of sheet music is being reduced from now until December, but there will be plenty left at the end of the year. I will be offering it all for at least half price.

We have plenty of piano music, plus music for all sorts of other instruments and combinations. Do PM me or email me at tim@music-trading.co.uk if you'd like to have a list of what we have at the moment, although this will obviously change in the next 6 months or so.

Best wishes to you all and thank you for your help and friendship over the years (although I will still be an active member of Pianophilia)

Tim

PS I have never been able to find the thread I started years ago entitled "Best glissando in piano literature". Does anyone know where it might be?
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Post by fredbucket »

timgill wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:30 pmPS I have never been able to find the thread I started years ago entitled "Best glissando in piano literature". Does anyone know where it might be?
It must have been in the previous version of PP - I can’t find it here.

Sad to see you’re closing down.

Regards
Fred
timgill

Post by timgill »

We have finally completed an up-to-date stocklist, so here’s a copy.
Must stocklist 2023.10.16.xlsx

It’s in 3 sections:

STOCKLIST the list itself
PUBLISHERS the names and countries of the publishers represented
ABBREVIATIONS details of the abbreviations we use in the list

And as it’s an Excel file, you can sort it in any way you like.

You’ll see that we’ve reduced the retail prices of everything by at least 60%, rising to 70, 80 and even 90% in many cases.

All titles are available in stock as I write.

If you would like to order anything, the simplest way would be to enter quantities for each title in the ORDER column (column I) and email the list back to us info@music-trading.co.uk

At the same time please give us a delivery address and, if it’s outside the UK, tell us whether you’d like your music sent by surface or air mail.

When we get your order, we’ll send you a proforma invoice with details of how to pay. We will despatch your order immediately on receipt of your payment.

We hope everything is clear, but if you have any questions please get in touch by email or PM.

Thanks and cheers

Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.