MOORE? Which composer is this?

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
Post Reply
Pianoman
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

MOORE? Which composer is this?

Post by Pianoman » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 am

I have a list of piano works the following entry:

"MOORE - Estudos. O Cisne Moribundo. Le Mangeur de Lotus (O Desmemoriado)"

Trying to translate it to english: "MOORE - Etudes. The Dying Swan. The Lotus Eater (The short memory one)"

I tried (probably not...) everything I could an I still don't know the full name of this composer and this piano pieces.

Could it be Frederick Moore? (I've found something of him here in the Forum).

Thanks in advance for your help.

User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
Posts: 1933
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: MOORE? Which composer is this?

Post by fredbucket » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:48 am

Pianoman wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 am
"MOORE”
An excellent name, of course, but I’m afraid I can’t help any further :-)

Regards
Fred

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: MOORE? Which composer is this?

Post by Pianoman » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:18 pm

fredbucket wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:48 am
Pianoman wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 am
"MOORE”
An excellent name, of course, but I’m afraid I can’t help any further :-)

Regards
Fred
Thanks for your interest, anyway!

HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

Re: MOORE? Which composer is this?

Post by HullandHellandHalifax » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Hello Pianoman,
the Moore you are looking for is Graham P. Moore (1859-?)and the piece is Op 35 9 Klavier-Gedichte in Etuden-Form published by Breitkopf. The two titles you gave are the first two from the set.
regards
Brian

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: MOORE? Which composer is this?

Post by Pianoman » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:41 pm

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:25 pm
Hello Pianoman,
the Moore you are looking for is Graham P. Moore (1859-?)and the piece is Op 35 9 Klavier-Gedichte in Etuden-Form published by Breitkopf. The two titles you gave are the first two from the set.
regards
Brian
Thank you so much!

I don't seem to find a full list of pieces that op.35 has. Do you know where I can find that?

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: MOORE? Which composer is this?

Post by Pianoman » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:47 pm

Pianoman wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:41 pm
HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:25 pm
Hello Pianoman,
the Moore you are looking for is Graham P. Moore (1859-?)and the piece is Op 35 9 Klavier-Gedichte in Etuden-Form published by Breitkopf. The two titles you gave are the first two from the set.
regards
Brian
Thank you so much!

I don't seem to find a full list of pieces that op.35 has. Do you know where I can find that?
Found it! it was really hard, but I found the cover page!
Here's the listing:

1. Der sterbende Schwan
2. Die Lotos-Esser
3. Lillian
4. Claribel
5. And den Herbet
6. Ein Sommerabend
7. An der Frühling. Sonett
8. Die Zeit
9. Die Schellen
Op.35.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: MOORE? Which composer is this?

Post by Jean-Séb » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:42 pm

Interesting. He is known from IMSLP but not for these pieces.
https://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Moore,_Graham_Ponsonby

Post Reply