Competition Information

Anything musical that will not fit into the above fora
davida march
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Competition Information

Post by davida march »

del
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by davida march on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
relative
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Competition Information

Post by relative »

iano

Post by iano »

Just to let 'philiacs know that the Jean Bogan Prize for piano composition will resume this year after a hiatus of several years. The award was discontinued after Laurie Bogan died and the university, in its usual manner, deliberated for years over what to do with the money left by Laurie. Finally, an agreement has been reached and the prize is set to continue now for as long as there is the will to offer it and the demand to compete for it. It's going to be worth $8000 this year, which is a worthwhile amount, I think, and the deadline for entries is some time in August.

I will post details when I get them but in the meantime I wonder whether those with an interest might pass the word around. As far as I know, there is no website yet.

iano
iano

Post by iano »

An update on the Jean Bogan Prize. The Newcastle University website:

http://www.newcastle.edu.au/school/dram ... rvatorium/

which will redirect to the brochure, but I attach it here for convenience.

Original solo piano work written after 2007, duration 10 minutes minimum. Prize A$8000 and public performance. Closing date 31 Oct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iano

Post by iano »

And now for the Australian National Piano Award.

http://www.australianpianoaward.com.au

I'll admit, I'm sorry it's no longer the competition that seeks to find the nation's Next Best Pianist... If you know of any Rising Musicians, please let them know. Most musicians I know try not to rise before 10...