Untitled by Davida March

A forum for the approved uploads of works by living composers
davida march
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Untitled by Davida March

Post by davida march »

removed dm
Last edited by davida march on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
kh0815

Re: compositions

Post by kh0815 »

Helen, thank you for the link to your really interesting site! But the title of this thread ("compositions") seems to be a little too general and therefore misguiding. Maybe you would have an own proposal for renaming it?
davida march
Pianophiliac

Post by davida march »

kh0815 wrote:Helen, thank you for the link to your really interesting site! But the title of this thread ("compositions") seems to be a little too general and therefore misguiding. Maybe you would have an own proposal for renaming it?
I hope that somewhat improves things for The Moderators.

dm
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Post by fredbucket »

davida march wrote:I hope that somewhat improves things for The Moderators.
Speaking of behalf of but obviously not for the other admins on this board (Sorry DM but we don't have moderators - far too common) I can definitely say that since I don't understand the meaning of the title of this thread I therefore have no objections to it.

I think I'm getting too old.

I would like to hear a live performance of Aardvark by the composer, prefereably on a period instrument. I imported the midi file into Finale but the program complained that the composition was far too complex and it couldn't possibly understand why I wanted to punish it in this way. I managed to mollify Finale by promising it that I was going to notate some Granados later and it grudgingly gave me a series of notes which firstly on my piano twisted my fingers into contortions not seen since I tried to apply Indian massage principles to my knuckles and secondly caused me severe pulmonary distress when I was foolish enough to try to play selected notes (ie the ones I could understand) on my cor anglais.

My psychiatrist has reccommended a remedial course of playing Burgmuller studies for three days non stop.

I do not like my psychiatrist.

Regards
Fred
davida march
Pianophiliac

Post by davida march »

fredbucket wrote:
davida march wrote:I hope that somewhat improves things for The Moderators.
Speaking of behalf of but obviously not for the other admins on this board (Sorry DM but we don't have moderators - far too common) I can definitely say that since I don't understand the meaning of the title of this thread I therefore have no objections to it.

I think I'm getting too old.

I would like to hear a live performance of Aardvark by the composer, prefereably on a period instrument. I imported the midi file into Finale but the program complained that the composition was far too complex and it couldn't possibly understand why I wanted to punish it in this way. I managed to mollify Finale by promising it that I was going to notate some Granados later and it grudgingly gave me a series of notes which firstly on my piano twisted my fingers into contortions not seen since I tried to apply Indian massage principles to my knuckles and secondly caused me severe pulmonary distress when I was foolish enough to try to play selected notes (ie the ones I could understand) on my cor anglais.

My psychiatrist has reccommended a remedial course of playing Burgmuller studies for three days non stop.

I do not like my psychiatrist.

Regards
Fred
You'll just have to wait for its companion piece 'Sausage, Dr. Johnson?' which will be far more accessible. Still, it's nowhere as hard as Finnessy or Xenakis or my daughter's somewhat amazing solo piano transcription of New Order's 'Shellshock' which she managed to lose on a computer which succumbed during the transcription process.
;)
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

davida march wrote:You'll just have to wait for its companion piece 'Sausage, Dr. Johnson?' which will be far more accessible.
Can you please explain for us ergasiophobes precisely what is the link between aardvarks and sausages.
davida march wrote: Still, it's nowhere as hard as Finnessy or Xenakis or my daughter's somewhat amazing solo piano transcription of New Order's 'Shellshock' which she managed to lose on a computer which succumbed during the transcription process.;)
It probably collapsed under the strain. Computers do have feelings, you know...

Regards
Fred
davida march
Pianophiliac

Post by davida march »

fredbucket wrote:
davida march wrote:You'll just have to wait for its companion piece 'Sausage, Dr. Johnson?' which will be far more accessible.
Can you please explain for us ergasiophobes precisely what is the link between aardvarks and sausages.
davida march wrote: Still, it's nowhere as hard as Finnessy or Xenakis or my daughter's somewhat amazing solo piano transcription of New Order's 'Shellshock' which she managed to lose on a computer which succumbed during the transcription process.;)
It probably collapsed under the strain. Computers do have feelings, you know...

Regards
Fred
Well it has to do with watching Ink and Incapability very late one night. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ink_and_Incapability
Aardvark was a well known omission from the Dictionary but sausage as an omission was probably invented by Baldrick.
The point is, there is no point! It is mere postmodern digression with no rhyme, rhythm or melody.
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

davida march wrote:
kh0815 wrote:Helen, thank you for the link to your really interesting site! But the title of this thread ("compositions") seems to be a little too general and therefore misguiding. Maybe you would have an own proposal for renaming it?
I hope that somewhat improves things for The Moderators. dm
Helen: Wonderful new title - congrats!
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

kh0815 wrote:
davida march wrote:
I hope that somewhat improves things for The Moderators. dm
Helen: Wonderful new title - congrats!
Haha!! dada is alive and well....or should that be DaMa? Who cares, Satie would probably find it all wonderful and cheer loudly all the time.
regards
Brian
fredbucket
Site Admin

Post by fredbucket »

davida march wrote:The point is, there is no point! It is mere postmodern digression with no rhyme, rhythm or melody.
A pity indeed. I was trying to imagine an aardvark sausage...

Regards
Fred