A forum for the approved uploads of works by living composers
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Victor Carbajo

Post by ilu »

Víctor Carbajo
Spanish composer and pianist born in Madrid.

He is interested in expansive systems of musical analysis, he creates concrete techniques that grow from the need of solving the problems that appear upon asking questions on the work of art, being these musical, literary, pictorial or of any other type. For the application of these analytical techniques, consisting of additional modules for a specific operation, he uses various branches of the knowledge, such as philosophy, biology, mathematics or physics. He also uses concepts as language, form, idea, style, proportion, invention, et cetera, that are transmitted throughout the History, from work to work, from art to art. They are analyzed and became transferable information, capable of being used objectively (or subjectively) to explain or to create what is wished.

Site:

http://www.carbajo.net

ILU
Quo melius Illac
kh0815

Re: Victor Carbajo

Post by kh0815 »

Thank you, ilu, for letting us know! I took a first glance at his piano download site ("Piazollissima", e. g.). The nearly classic-romantic outfit of Carbajo's PDFs I saw looks very attractive for me who is not too familiar with other 20th/21st century composers and their vast use of dodecaphony.
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Victor Carbajo

Post by ilu »

kh0815 wrote:Thank you, ilu, for letting us know! I took a first glance at his piano download site ("Piazollissima", e. g.). The nearly classic-romantic outfit of Carbajo's PDFs I saw looks very attractive for me who is not too familiar with other 20th/21st century composers and their vast use of dodecaphony.
Kh0815:
You are welcome, it is very interesting to know his compositions since 1987 until 2008 to discover the evolution in his music.
Under my point of view, dodecaphony is precissely the consequence of such evolution, altough he annouces since the very begining.

Also let me recomend the Hobbies section, very creative and ingenious and it is a complement of his personality.

I am glad that you visited his site and looked attractive to you.
ILU
Quo melius Illac