Classical Piano MIDI

Why can't anyone get it right?
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Classical Piano MIDI

Post by fhimpsl »

To all fellow PianoPhile members, I initiated this thread in an effort to share rarely heard classical piano pieces via MIDI files. Years ago the internet was very rich with this material, but owing to many of the original sites folding, copyright considerations, etc., much of what WAS available has simply dried up. Sadly, many of the postings were completely anonymous and/or of public domain material and there is every reason to share these with aspiring pianists for study. One area of particular interest to me, the Russian/Soviet piano literature, had been very well represented on a now-defunct Russian website. It is with this material that I would like to begin the postings. The first work is a re-posting of what I had put up on the Alfor's Rarities site yesterday, i.e. Theodore Akimenko's "Sonate Fantastique" Op. 44 in three movements. I hope many members enjoy this and subsequent files and kindly post thoughts or additional material as opportunity warrants.

With Sincere Regards,

Frank Himpsl (fhimpsl)
akime441.mid
akime442.mid
akime443.mid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Re: Classical Piano MIDI

Post by fhimpsl »

More Akimenko here: his Op. 60/1 "Melodie;" and Op. 60/3 "Idyll".
Th.Akimenko - Melody op. 60-1.mid
Th.Akimenko - Idylle op. 60-3.mid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
parag
Site Admin

Post by parag »

These and many more can be found here.
http://www31.ocn.ne.jp/~dreampiano/worklist.html

Also this site has many more Russian midis:
http://www.rusfno.net/

Best,
Parag
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

Dear Parag, You are absolutely right, and sincere thanks for letting me know this information prior to my re-inventing the wheel on MIDI files! I would encourage any interested Pianophilia members to visit both sites referred to in Parag's posting. There are a few obstacles in that the first one is in Chinese and the second in Russian, but with the Google translating function enough of the pages can be deciphered to download most anything. I had thought these sites were out of existence, and am glad to see they are not. For PP members interested in classical piano MIDI, please don't pass up the chance at getting these competely free and absolutely fascinating files!

Once again my sincere thanks, Parag, and best regards,

Frank Himpsl (fhimpsl)
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

not exactly super hard to find on the interwebs, but a surprising and equally annoying amount of 'hoop jumping' and related circus act shenanigans were required on my part to get this, thought I should save folk's the grief.

Raphael Joseffy Mährchen,Scherzo Fantastique pour 2 pianos
Rafael Joseffy - Mährchen,Scherzo Fantastique pour 2 pianos.mid
score is on IMSLP

VIQ (Very Important Question) - there is a surprising void of nothingness on my consultations with Dr. Google regarding any recordings of the work (a puzzling lack of info given his importance as a fine editor and prominence in his time as a great composer pianist) - Does anyone have any leads on a recording of the work in either two piano and/or piano and orchestra (wasn't this originally in this format, or am I mistaken?)?
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Scriabinoff wrote:not exactly super hard to find on the interwebs, but a surprising and equally annoying amount of 'hoop jumping' and related circus act shenanigans were required on my part to get this, thought I should save folk's the grief.

Raphael Joseffy Mährchen,Scherzo Fantastique pour 2 pianos
Rafael Joseffy - Mährchen,Scherzo Fantastique pour 2 pianos.mid
score is on IMSLP

VIQ (Very Important Question) - there is a surprising void of nothingness on my consultations with Dr. Google regarding any recordings of the work (a puzzling lack of info given his importance as a fine editor and prominence in his time as a great composer pianist) - Does anyone have any leads on a recording of the work in either two piano and/or piano and orchestra (wasn't this originally in this format, or am I mistaken?)?
Thanks for the midi file. I've uploaded my B&W version of the LOC scans to the 4 hands on TWO pianos section.