Mussorgsky Vocal Music

The human voice with or without any instrument(s)
player
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Mussorgsky Vocal Music

Post by player »

Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on (buy, borrow or download) a copy of the vocal version of the Gopak/Hopak from the end of Mussorgski's Sorochintsy fair? I heard it on the radio the other day and would love to add it to the repertoire of the opera chorus I conduct. I downloaded the version from imslp.org but this is the Cui version which doesn't have this ending. I don't recall what the announcer said but I assume that in Mussorgski's original that I was hearing.
I checked a few publishers and places like sheetmusicplus.com but it doesn't seem to be available. I'm gonna check some libraries but if anyone knows anything about the opera or which version to look for I'd be grateful.
thanks,
Rob
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Re: Mussorgsky Vocal Music

Post by rob »

Mussorgsky Sorochintsy Fair vocal score.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
player
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Mussorgsky Vocal Music

Post by player »

A huge thank-you from one Rob to another. I'm always on the look-out for out-of-the-way items to put alongside the popular crowd-pleasers (we do after all want people to come to the concerts) and I'm sure this one would be a winner. Now just to find a friend who'll help me teach the Russian!.
Thanks again,

Rob