Operas

The human voice with or without any instrument(s)
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Manuel Venegas

Post by Hobbypianist »

here's Wolf's second (unfinished) opera as vocal score:
Wolf_Manuel_Venegas_vs_WGA_13.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
relative
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Operas

Post by relative »

Thank You, Hobbypianist!
And Happy New Year !
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by Hobbypianist »

relative wrote:Thank You, Hobbypianist!
And Happy New Year !
You're welcome!
Thanks, also Happy New Year to you!
selingzhang

Post by selingzhang »

Hey everyone!!

Does anyone have Scarlatti's "Qual farfalletta amante" sheet music??
Some says it's composed by Alessandro Scarlatti some says it's by his son D.Scarlatti. I'm confused... Is it from an opera?? I heard about this song, it's soooo great!!

Thanks a lot everyone!!
Seling
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

selingzhang wrote:Hey everyone!!

Some says it's composed by Alessandro Scarlatti some says it's by his son D.Scarlatti. I'm confused... Is it from an opera?? I heard about this song, it's soooo great!!

Thanks a lot everyone!!
Seling
Here you are seling, and you have the choice of singing it in Hungarian or Italian, personally i would stick to the Italian, the original language (haha). Whether it comes from an opera I don't know but it would seem likely as he wrote 115 of them. Domenico was more of a keyboard composer than Alessandro and therefore I think it more unlikely that he wrote it, but without more detective work the question will always remain.
regards
Brian
Scarlatti A. Qual farfalletta amante.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

the author should be Domenico

the arietta is included for example in :

Qual farfalletta amante / di Domenico Scarlatti ; Bearbeitet und ubersetzt von Prof. Ad. Schimon
Cacilia : Geistliche und weltliche Arien & Lieder alterer Meister fur eine Singstimme mit Begleitung des Pianoforte / alterer Meister ; bearbeitet und ubersetzt von Prof. A. Schimon, Ferd. Gumbert, Pr

OR

Standard Songs by Old Masters for Students / edited by Edgardo Levi. - London : Ascherberg Hopwood & Crew, 1906- - v. - 35 cm ; 23
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

Caprotti wrote:the author should be Domenico

the arietta is included for example in :

Qual farfalletta amante / di Domenico Scarlatti ; Bearbeitet und ubersetzt von Prof. Ad. Schimon
Cacilia : Geistliche und weltliche Arien & Lieder alterer Meister fur eine Singstimme mit Begleitung des Pianoforte / alterer Meister ; bearbeitet und ubersetzt von Prof. A. Schimon, Ferd. Gumbert, Pr

OR

Standard Songs by Old Masters for Students / edited by Edgardo Levi. - London : Ascherberg Hopwood & Crew, 1906- - v. - 35 cm ; 23
This of course one of the problems with music from this era, many times other composers names were used because it would mean guaranteed sales, so as a result there are many compositions attributed to Pergolesi for instance than he could ever have written down and here with the Scarlattis we have a similar problem and unfortunately the editors of compilations of baroque arias weren't particularly rigorous with their checking of sources and supplying accurate information. I would like to discover where this aria was first published and performed to be certain who composed it. I am not saying it is not by Domenico nor am I saying it is by Alessandro. Seling obviously had conflicting information and that does then throw up doubts about its authorship.
regards
Brian
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

for a modern, availbale edition, see also

http://www.di-arezzo.com/france/partiti ... 06163.html
selingzhang

Post by selingzhang »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:
selingzhang wrote:Hey everyone!!

Thanks a lot everyone!!
Seling
Here you are seling, and you have the choice of singing it in Hungarian or Italian, personally i would stick to the Italian, the original language (haha). Whether it comes from an opera I don't know but it would seem likely as he wrote 115 of them. Domenico was more of a keyboard composer than Alessandro and therefore I think it more unlikely that he wrote it, but without more detective work the question will always remain.
regards
Brian
Scarlatti A. Qual farfalletta amante.pdf
Thank you very much Brian!
Definitely I will sing in Italian, cuz I dunno Hungarian.. :P both of dad scarlatti and son scarlatti's works are awesome!! this song is really awesome! the first time i listened to it i was like ahhhh ahhhhhhhh!!!!! :D

Thank you very much again!
Seling
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

An interesting offering from Sibley:

Publication Name: Genoveva : an opera in four acts : op. 81 / by Robert Schumann ; the pianoforte accompaniment by Clara Schumann ; the English adaptation by Louisa Vance.
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1

Composer:Schumann, Robert (1810 - 1856)
Arranger:Schumann, Clara (1819 - 1896)
Translator:Vance, Louisa
Author:Tieck, Ludwig (1773 - 1853)
Author:Reinick, Robert (1805 - 1852)
Author:Hebbel, Friedrich (1813 - 1863)

Regards
Fred