Carl Orff

The human voice with or without any instrument(s)
Oberon Smith

Carl Orff

Post by Oberon Smith »

I am not sure if this is a legal request, but, does anyone have the Christmas Oratorio of Carl Orff.
I am not sure if this is still under the copyright law, or if it can be exchanged, I have noticed on IMPlS, nothing is listed for Orff. Which leads me to think he is still copyrighted. But I ask, Thank you in advance, Oberon.

just a side note: I have made a psalter, one of the instruments used in the Oratorio. Really fun instrument to play, especially for a non-string-anything-first-time-player.
Oberon Smith

Re: Carl Orff

Post by Oberon Smith »

GOOD GERMAN STOCK, I may have just answered my own question. I see that Orff died in 1982, which more than likely means his music is still under copyright laws. So, to all the old members of Pianophilia's old group, that I sent the two-piano and chorus arrangement of the Carmina Buranna , send them back to me! Oberon
klavierelch
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Recorder
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Carl Orff

Post by klavierelch »

Orff is published by Schott; all his mature works are available there. And since at least the Carmina Burana still sell very good (both the score and performances) Schott is quite active in controlling copyrights concerning Orff. So it would indeed be no good idea to post it here.
Ars opus est hominis, non opus artis homo.

John Owen, Epigrammata (1615)