Works by Italian Composers

Large instrumental groups with or without piano
User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Works by Italian Composers

Post by fredbucket » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:25 pm

To start this off, a bit of Busoni...

Publication Name: Concertino für Klarinette und kleines Orchester ; per clarinetto ed un orchestrina / Ferruccio Busoni.
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
Composer:Busoni, Ferruccio (1866 - 1924)

Regards
Fred

User avatar
rob
Site Admin
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Works by Italian Composers

Post by rob » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:49 am

fredbucket wrote:To start this off, a bit of Busoni...

Publication Name: Concertino für Klarinette und kleines Orchester ; per clarinetto ed un orchestrina / Ferruccio Busoni.
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
Composer:Busoni, Ferruccio (1866 - 1924)

Regards
Fred
But I always think of Busoni as a German composer. Yes there can be lightness there, but rarely light-heartedness. He always took his humour seriously as do most good Germans ! ;)

Timtin
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:36 pm
Instruments played, if any: Pianoforte
Music Scores: Yes
Contact:

Re: Works by Italian Composers

Post by Timtin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 pm

This begs the question of whether any other composers were born the wrong nationality.
Some possibles:- Bruckner and Mahler (both should have been German), Mendelssohn
(should have been Austrian), Delius (should have been French), Ravel (should have been
Spanish), etc. :?

User avatar
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Works by Italian Composers

Post by Ferruccio » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Mr van Beethoven should have been Dutch.
Best regards, Ferruccio

HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

Re: Works by Italian Composers

Post by HullandHellandHalifax » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Ferruccio wrote:Mr van Beethoven should have been Dutch.
Haha Ferruccio, nice one, however I think the Dutch would have sent him back, far too noisy and argumentative for them.
regards
Brian

User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Works by Italian Composers

Post by fredbucket » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:47 am

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:far too noisy and argumentative for them.
...and they let YOU stay there???? :)

Regards
Fred

HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

Re: Works by Italian Composers

Post by HullandHellandHalifax » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:56 am

fredbucket wrote:
HullandHellandHalifax wrote:far too noisy and argumentative for them.
...and they let YOU stay there???? :)

Regards
Fred
Yes fred, they did, they realised I wasn't from Australia :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Brian

User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Works by Italian Composers

Post by fredbucket » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 am

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:Yes fred, they did, they realised I wasn't from Australia :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Neither am I... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
rob
Site Admin
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Works by Italian Composers

Post by rob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:55 pm

fredbucket wrote:
HullandHellandHalifax wrote:Yes fred, they did, they realised I wasn't from Australia :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Neither am I... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fred is a Liverpudlian - which I think probably makes him Irish.

HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

Re: Works by Italian Composers

Post by HullandHellandHalifax » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:13 pm

rob wrote:
fredbucket wrote:
HullandHellandHalifax wrote:Yes fred, they did, they realised I wasn't from Australia :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Neither am I... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fred is a Liverpudlian - which I think probably makes him Irish.
What can you say Rob when someone proudly announces he came from a "puddle", sounds like an amoeba at best.

Post Reply