Post by Hobbypianist »

Max Reger

some rare orchestral works
Reger_Heroide_Overture_fs_RGA_p1-60.pdf
Reger_Heroide_Overture_fs_RGA_p61-114.pdf
Reger_Movement_of_symphony_in_d_fs_RGA.pdf
Reger_op.026_Nr.1_Elegie_fs_RGA.pdf
Reger_op.130_Eine_Ballettsuite_No.4_Pantalon_fs_RGA.pdf
Reger's last work with opus number, unfortunately he could not finish it.
Reger_op.147_Andante_und_Rondo_unfinished_fs_RGA.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Orchestral Scores by German composers

Post by rob »

Incredible!!
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

Reger op.108 Symphonischer Prolog zu einer Tragödie gew. Arthur Nikisch FS.pdf
Dedicated to Caprotti (who asked for it in the Reger thread) and - with special thanks for his remarkable contributions - Hobbypianist:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Some more Nicodé (see the German Composers thread in the Piano area), courtesy of Sibley...

Regards
Fred

Publication Name: Faschingsbilder, für grosses Orchester, Op. 24. Partitur.
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
Composer:Nicodé, Jean Louis (1853 - 1919)

Publication Name: Bilder aus dem Stüden op. 29. 6 Charakterstücke für Orchester bearbeitet von M. Pohle. Partitur.
Composer:Nicodé, Jean Louis (1853 - 1919)
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Some C.P.E.Bach from Sibley...

Publication Name: 4 [i.e. Vier] Orchester-Sinfonien, componirt 1776 von Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach.
Composer:Bach, Carl, Philipp Emanuel (1714 - 1788)

Regards
Fred
fahl5
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

First recording of Felix Draesekes symphonic poem Frithjof W

Post by fahl5 »

I just finished yesterday my recordings of three Compositions by Felix Draeseke (for more about him see http://draeseke.org) (the pianocompositions will be mentioned in the thread for pianomusic.
The Symphonic Poem "Frithjof" WoO 7 was brought to the noationsoftware finale from the Manuscript by a member of the international Fraeseke Society, who contacted me to produce a reasonable rendering.
This symphonic poem is with its three movements longer than evry Brahms-Symphony nearly as complex as a smaller Mahler-Symphony, full of passionate music, orchestral power, harmonic experiments, and counterpointal brilliance.
here you can listen Draesekes symphonic poem "Frithjof" WoO 7
I hope you like it, and am curious what you think about and would like to hear everything what might help to improve my renderings.
best
Steffen
Listen music never heard before at klassik-resampled.de
fahl5

Post by fahl5 »

To the 100th anniversary of the death of Felix Draeseke (1835-1913) klassik-resampled presents 5 new recordings of (pianomusic see here) and orchestral music.

Beside the already mentioned symphonic poem Frithjof you can hear the Easterscene op 39 for Bariton, Choir and Orchestra, the Jubilationoverture op.65 aswell as the Overture to the Opera "Herrat WoO 13 (transkribed by a member of the international Draeseke Sociaty), Faust sung to sleep for Choir and Orchestra WoO 32, the Parzengesang for Alto and Orchestra WoO 33 transkribed by myself from the slub-manuskripts.

The scores are linked mostly with the recordings.
I hope you like this wonderful music.
best Fahl5
fahl5

First Recording of J.L.Nicodé's Symphonic Ode "The Sea"

Post by fahl5 »

I just completed the (afaik) very first recording of the large symphonic Ode by J.L.Nicodé:
"The Sea" (1888)
(Links to the score and a german musical guide at the slub-Dresden are provided beside the recording, the score is also available at the imslp)
It is incredible music at least prefiguring if not in some aspects even surpassing what we know Mahler has composed in the following Years.

It would be intresting to know what Mahler in his Leipzig Years beside Nikisch (1886-1888) might have heard from this piece, which was published 1888 and planned to premier 1888 (which was postponed in regard to the high demands to all involved musicians to 1889) in Leipzig.

As you already might know my digital reconstruction is based on samplelibraries.

Take some time to listen, each of the seven movements deserve it while alltogether the whole symphonic ode will take 50 min (like Mahlers first Symphony).

I hope you will like it.

best Steffen
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

I am always amazed by the high quality of your reconstruction of forgotten music. Thank you.
Jean-Séb
fahl5

Post by fahl5 »

If anyone might be interested in Nicodé's "Gloria!" Symphony, here we go:

"Gloria!" at klassik resampled

For those who might prefer not to listen all of the 250 000 notes of this 123 Minute composition I have also provided a little

"Gloria!"at klassik-resampled Youtube-Trailer

In my ears "Gloria!" is more than a quantum leap for Nicodé compared with the already quite intelligent and interesting "Sea" not only in regard to the overwhelming but still reasonable formal architecture, but aswell for the density of his counterpoint an thematic work, while still being courageous enough for several completly original and new concepts of orchestral composition.

I hope my attempt to realize this piece could help at least a bit to give an impression of Nicodé's specific qualities as composer compared to his comtemporaries like Mahler, Strauss, Sibelius, Debussy etc. (If the SLUB allows me to, I try to upload the score as soon as possible, for all who also likes to play this cute little pice :D )

best
Steffen