Orchestral Scores by German composers

Large instrumental groups with or without piano
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Orchestral Scores by German composers

Post by Jim Faston »

fahl5 wrote:If anyone might be interested in Nicodé's "Gloria!" Symphony, here we go:

"Gloria!" at klassik resampled

For those who might prefer not to listen all of the 250 000 notes of this 123 Minute composition I have also provided a little

"Gloria!"at klassik-resampled Youtube-Trailer

In my ears "Gloria!" is more than a quantum leap for Nicodé compared with the already quite intelligent and interesting "Sea" not only in regard to the overwhelming but still reasonable formal architecture, but aswell for the density of his counterpoint an thematic work, while still being courageous enough for several completly original and new concepts of orchestral composition.

I hope my attempt to realize this piece could help at least a bit to give an impression of Nicodé's specific qualities as composer compared to his comtemporaries like Mahler, Strauss, Sibelius, Debussy etc. (If the SLUB allows me to, I try to upload the score as soon as possible, for all who also likes to play this cute little pice :D )

best
Steffen
Many thanks for sharing your hard work. I'd love to be able to follow along with the score if you are able to arrange it. An interesting paper on Nicodé can be found and downloaded from here:

http://www.vonhausegger.com/
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

One from Sibley -

Publication Name: Konzert für Orchester, op. 14. Partitur.
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
Composer:Borck, Edmund von (1906 - 1944)

Borck, Edmund von

(b Breslau, 22 Feb 1906; d Nettuno, Italy, 16 Feb 1944). German composer and conductor. He studied composition, the piano and conducting in Breslau and at the Berlin Hochschule für Musik, and musicology at the universities of Breslau and Berlin. After brief employment as Kapellmeister at the Frankfurt Opera, Borck returned to Berlin to assume a post as teacher of theory and composition at the Kittel Conservatory. In 1940 he entered military service, and was killed in action. As a composer Borck is best known for his orchestral music. The successful première in 1933 of his Fünf Orchesterstücke op.8 at the ISCM Festival in Amsterdam brought him to public attention, although his uncompromising polyphonic style, strongly influenced by Hindemith, aroused some suspicion among the more conservative members of the Nazi musical hierarchy. Borck's subsequent compositions further emphasized his contrapuntal skills, as well as his veneration for Baroque idioms – a trait which he shared with many other German composers of his generation. The most distinguished of his compositions include the Präludium und Fuge for orchestra (1934), the Piano Concerto (1941) and his last work, the opera Napoleon. It was performed in 1942 in Gera, and draws much inspiration from Handel. Borck was also a gifted conductor, making guest appearances at an early age with the Berlin PO and the Concertgebouw.
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

What Brahms symphony are you? Here's a test to find out.
http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_brahms_symphony_are_you
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Another one form Sibley...I wonder if Thal has this one?

Regards
Fred

Publication Name: Konzert für Klavier und Orchester, Op. 14
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
Composer:Bohnke, Emil (1888 - 1928)