String Quartets

Small instrumental groups with or without piano
Post Reply
Hobbypianist
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:33 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: String Quartets

Post by Hobbypianist » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Riodk wrote:
rob wrote: Many thanks for your recent work on Reger @ IMSLP and here - the violin & cello sonatas are such good pieces! And that on top of the Berwald. Just terrific.

Rob
Thanks seconded. Really great contributions Hobbypianist !!!

Riodk
You are welcome!

For me Reger was one of the most important German composers around the turn of the century. So I'm glad to fill some gaps and make him better known.

Regards,
HP

User avatar
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm
Music Scores: Yes

Re: String Quartets

Post by Ferruccio » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:56 pm

Hobbypianist wrote:
Riodk wrote:
rob wrote: Many thanks for your recent work on Reger @ IMSLP and here - the violin & cello sonatas are such good pieces! And that on top of the Berwald. Just terrific.

Rob
Thanks seconded. Really great contributions Hobbypianist !!!

Riodk
You are welcome!

For me Reger was one of the most important German composers around the turn of the century. So I'm glad to fill some gaps and make him better known.

Regards,
HP
Seconded ! Thanks for your contributions !
Best regards, Ferruccio

lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:10 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: String Quartets

Post by lutoslawski » Wed May 12, 2010 4:09 am

Does anybody has the full score for Taneyev String quartets?
In Imslp.org there is only parts, which is not so useful for study. There is a full score of the 2nd SQ, but its got missing pages.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

User avatar
rob
Site Admin
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes
Location: London
Contact:

Re: String Quartets

Post by rob » Wed May 12, 2010 6:26 am

lutoslawski wrote:Does anybody has the full score for Taneyev String quartets?
In Imslp.org there is only parts, which is not so useful for study. There is a full score of the 2nd SQ, but its got missing pages.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
Taneyev S op7 String Quartet 3 d 1886 r1896 fs.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:10 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: String Quartets

Post by lutoslawski » Wed May 12, 2010 11:49 am

rob wrote:
lutoslawski wrote:Does anybody has the full score for Taneyev String quartets?
In Imslp.org there is only parts, which is not so useful for study. There is a full score of the 2nd SQ, but its got missing pages.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
Taneyev S op7 String Quartet 3 d 1886 r1896 fs.pdf
Great, Thanks a million Rob. I find this SQ's so deeply personal.

Tony

User avatar
rob
Site Admin
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes
Location: London
Contact:

Re: String Quartets

Post by rob » Wed May 12, 2010 5:24 pm

lutoslawski wrote:
rob wrote:
lutoslawski wrote:Does anybody has the full score for Taneyev String quartets?
In Imslp.org there is only parts, which is not so useful for study. There is a full score of the 2nd SQ, but its got missing pages.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
Taneyev S op7 String Quartet 3 d 1886 r1896 fs.pdf
Great, Thanks a million Rob. I find this SQ's so deeply personal.

Tony
There are (I think) NINE quartets. I've never quite been caught up by Taneyev, although I like the Piano Quintet, Fourth Symphony and Overture to Oresteia.

I'd love to see copies of the other quartets (my copy of no 2 also has some missing pages) since I have recordings of all of them...

User avatar
Caprotti
Pianomaniac
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:34 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: String Quartets

Post by Caprotti » Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

before scanning, which one of the following quartets is not circulating as miniature score?

- glazunov op.26 (quatuor slave)
- gretchaninov op.2
- smetana in e min.
- sgambati op.17
- taneev op.5

Riodk
Pianophiliac
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:24 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano, but not very well :-)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: String Quartets

Post by Riodk » Wed May 12, 2010 6:55 pm

The Taneev parts has been scanned by Sibley. The score I'm not shure where I have from.

But the rest I don't have at all !

Riodk

User avatar
rob
Site Admin
Posts: 969
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes
Location: London
Contact:

Re: String Quartets

Post by rob » Wed May 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Caprotti wrote:before scanning, which one of the following quartets is not circulating as miniature score?

- glazunov op.26 (quatuor slave)
- gretchaninov op.2
- smetana in e min.
- sgambati op.17
- taneev op.5
None sadly, apart from the faulty Taneyev op5, but I'll post what I have by those composers in any case.
Note that the Taneyev op7 I have added here is an alternative scan, different from the scan I added earlier (above).
Glazunov op10 String Quartet 2 fs.pdf
Glazunov op15 Cinq Novellettes (strqt parts).pdf
Glazunov op15 Cinq Novellettes fs (strqt).pdf
Glazunov op64 String Quartet 4 A fs.pdf
Glazunov op70 String Quartet 5 fs.pdf
Taneyev S op4 String Quartet 1 bb 1890 (parts).pdf
Taneyev S op5 String Quartet 2 C 1894-5 (parts).pdf
Taneyev S op5 String Quartet 2 C 1894-5 fs (pages mising).pdf
Taneyev S op7 String Quartet 3 d 1886 r1896 fs +cover.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Caprotti
Pianomaniac
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:34 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: String Quartets

Post by Caprotti » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm

this one was easy to scan :-)
Taneyev S. - 05 - String Quartet n.2 C fs.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply