String Quartets

Small instrumental groups with or without piano
kh0815

Re: String Quartets

Post by kh0815 »

A good friend of mine is desparately looking for the three string quartets by Vienna's (phantastic song) composer Johann Vesque v. Püttlingen (1803-1883, see http://knol.google.com/k/martin-wiemer/ ... nwcpv65m/1#) alias "Johann Hoven" ("I'm only half a Beethoven"). Following a Schultz' thesis (Leipzig 1928 - he had copies at his disposal) these are:

No. 1 C major
No. 2 B minor
No. 3 D major

Schultz's collected material is said to have been lost in the war. Presumably never been printed/published, these works are reported to have existed with the pseudonym "Johann Hoven" in hand written parts (copies) in Vienna Philharmonics' (or other Vienna musicians). Research in Vienna (VPO, Doblinger, Vienna Libraries, etc.) was not successful at all.

Any help and/or hint to find access to these obscure works of v. Püttlingen (also fragmentary) would be very welcome.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by Caprotti »

I'm trying different types of scan ...
Glazunov - 26 - String Quartet (Quatuor slave) fs r.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

kh0815 wrote:A good friend of mine is desparately looking for the three string quartets by Vienna's (phantastic song) composer Johann Vesque v. Püttlingen (1803-1883, see http://knol.google.com/k/martin-wiemer/ ... nwcpv65m/1#) alias "Johann Hoven" ("I'm only half a Beethoven"). Following a Schultz' thesis (Leipzig 1928 - he had copies at his disposal) these are:

No. 1 C major
No. 2 B minor
No. 3 D major

Schultz's collected material is said to have been lost in the war. Presumably never been printed/published, these works are reported to have existed with the pseudonym "Johann Hoven" in hand written parts (copies) in Vienna Philharmonics' (or other Vienna musicians). Research in Vienna (VPO, Doblinger, Vienna Libraries, etc.) was not successful at all.

Any help and/or hint to find access to these obscure works of v. Püttlingen (also fragmentary) would be very welcome.

Vienna NB has the following

AutorIn Vesque von Püttlingen, Johann
Titel Allegro. J. Hoven. (Vl. 1, Vl. 2, Ato, Basso, Part.) - Stuttgart: Hallberger’sche Verlagsbuchhandlung [1846]. S. 206
Fussnote (Beethoven-Album.)
1.Signatur 691446-C. Mus
1.SW-Kette Musikdruck /
2.SW-Kette Kammermusik /
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

last for this evening

edit : sorry, the file was incomplete (for the 2 people who already downloaded the score), now it's ok
Sgambati - 17 - String Quartet c# fs r.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Riodk
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, but not very well :-)

Post by Riodk »

Wonderful Caprotti !

And thanks to Rob too, for the Glazunov.

Riodk
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

Interesting string quartets. Thank you caprotti and rob for the scans.

Tony
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

The wizard of OS!
Schoeck Notturno Op47.pdf
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

This one is not quite a quartet (no viola) but I didn't want to start a new thread. The Bavarian State Libraray has Six Trios Pour deux Violons et Basse by Francesco Zappa (http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/~db ... 39/images/).

Now, I wonder ... :-)

Regards
Fred
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by WCosand »

In order for you to use this link I guess you need to close the parenthesis by typing the ) yourself. Sorry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Zappa_(album)
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

Caprotti wrote:
kh0815 wrote:A good friend of mine is desparately looking for the three string quartets by Vienna's (phantastic song) composer Johann Vesque v. Püttlingen (1803-1883, see http://knol.google.com/k/martin-wiemer/ ... nwcpv65m/1#) alias "Johann Hoven" ("I'm only half a Beethoven"). Following a Schultz' thesis (Leipzig 1928 - he had copies at his disposal) these are: No. 1 C major & No. 2 B minor & No. 3 D major

Vienna NB has the following
AutorIn Vesque von Püttlingen, Johann
Titel Allegro. J. Hoven. (Vl. 1, Vl. 2, Ato, Basso, Part.) - Stuttgart: Hallberger’sche Verlagsbuchhandlung [1846]. S. 206
Fussnote (Beethoven-Album.)
1.Signatur 691446-C. Mus
1.SW-Kette Musikdruck /
2.SW-Kette Kammermusik /
Thank you so much, dear Caprotti, for your kind research. My friend told me that he knew and checked this source before - unfortunately it has nothing to do with these obviously lost works.