Small instrumental groups with or without piano
arglmann
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Glass Organ, Honk
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music for Clarinet

Post by arglmann »

Hello, dear everyone,

could someone please provide me with some information about the Bärmann Clarinet Concerto "Military" op. 6:
I know it is available on IMSLP, but my question is: how could it be transformed to a black and white scan?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Alex
Listen, die die Welt bedeuten.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

A later work by Milhaud:

Darius MILHAUD
Duo Concertante, for clarinet and piano, op. 351 (1956)
Milhaud - Duo Concertante, for clarinet and piano (1956).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lito valle
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Conducting

Post by lito valle »

Martinu
Sonatina cl. and piano
(piano score only)
(publ. 1957)
(nms)

Clarinet part
Martinu - Sonatina for Clarinet and Piano (Clarinet in Bb).pdf
Martinu - Sonatina for Clarinet and Piano.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lito valle on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

Thanks for the Martinu. It's a lovely work.
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

caostotale wrote:Thanks for the Martinu. It's a lovely work.
I echo this sentiment. Although Martinu probably wrote far too much (although not as much as Milhaud) most of his pieces make me smile, and there are many works of his that I adore.

Thank you also C(h)aos for the Milhaud and the other scores you've just posted - all great contributions.
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

rob wrote: I echo this sentiment. Although Martinu probably wrote far too much (although not as much as Milhaud) most of his pieces make me smile, and there are many works of his that I adore.

Thank you also C(h)aos for the Milhaud and the other scores you've just posted - all great contributions.
You're quite welcome. If my posts don't betray it, I'm actually mostly attuned to straightforward and workman-like composers such as Milhaud, Martinu, Villa Lobos, Holmboe, Bentzon, Vainberg, Golobev, Diamond, etc... and much prefer the positive atmosphere their work represents compared to that of any of the more monolithic and tortured realms of classical music (high romantics, minimalists, and a ton of avant-garde composers come to mind). Looking over the output from the twentieth century in retrospect, there's most definitely something to say for composers who weren't fumbling about trying to make their music match the speed of technology or otherwise attempting to make their music meet an increasingly-vulgar civilization halfway.
lito valle
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Conducting

Post by lito valle »

Works by Eugène Bozza
(nms)
Bozza, E. - Aria - clar. part.pdf
Bozza, E. - Aria (cl. & pno.).pdf
Bozza - Prélude et divertissement - pno. et basson (ou sax. ou clar.).pdf
Bozza, E. - Sonatine pour quatre clarinettes inégales.pdf
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

caostotale wrote:
rob wrote: I echo this sentiment. Although Martinu probably wrote far too much (although not as much as Milhaud) most of his pieces make me smile, and there are many works of his that I adore.

You're quite welcome. If my posts don't betray it, I'm actually mostly attuned to straightforward and workman-like composers such as Milhaud, Martinu, Villa Lobos, Holmboe, Bentzon, Vainberg, Golobev, Diamond, etc... and much prefer the positive atmosphere their work represents compared to that of any of the more monolithic and tortured realms of classical music (high romantics, minimalists, and a ton of avant-garde composers come to mind). Looking over the output from the twentieth century in retrospect, there's most definitely something to say for composers who weren't fumbling about trying to make their music match the speed of technology or otherwise attempting to make their music meet an increasingly-vulgar civilization halfway.
I wish we had a 'like' button. I like these sentiments too - although I like these composers in addition to your other categories. However I think Martinu at his very best is actually quite extraordinary. I also like composers who plough their own furrow so to speak, regardless of fashion - and I think composers such as Holmboe fall into that category - and in the same breath I would mention Valen, Rosenberg and Frank Martin - sources of the most beautifully crafted music anyone has produced.
Generoso
Instruments played, if any: Cello

Post by Generoso »

Does anyone have the Terzettino dal Trovatore di Verdi concertata for Clarinet, Cello and Piano
by Domenico Liverani?
caostotale
Pianomaniac

Post by caostotale »

Some Soviet-era works for clarinet and piano:

Herman Grigoryevich OKUNEV
Scherzino
Okunev - Scherzino, for clarinet and piano.pdf
Yury Mikhailovich SLONOV (bio and many MP3 songs at http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 6bih%3D869 )
Pieces (4); 1. Sad Song, 2. Mazurka, 3. Etude, 4. Waltz
Slonov - Pieces (4), for clarinet and piano.pdf
Boris Ivanovich KARAKHAN (bio at http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... RJ0CLEbj3g )
Pieces (2); 1. On the Steppe (Kalmyk), 2. Breeze (Moldovan)
Karakhan - Pieces (2), for clarinet and piano.pdf
Nabi Sadykovich DAGIROV (Dagestan)
Theme and Variations
Dagirov - Theme and Variations, for clarinet and piano.pdf