Music for Solo Violin

Small instrumental groups with or without piano

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby Alkanator » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:47 am

Does anyone have a copy of Joseph Achron's Berceuse (Op.20)? It doesn't appear to be in any of the main archives with Achron's work.
Alkanator
Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 2:00 am
Location: Canada

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby fredbucket » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 am

Alkanator wrote:Does anyone have a copy of Joseph Achron's Berceuse (Op.20)? It doesn't appear to be in any of the main archives with Achron's work.

If you check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=671&hilit=jewish+descent there may be some links there for you to try.

Regards
Fred
User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby Alkanator » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:57 am

Thanks, but none of those sites had this piece. According to WorldCat, it has been published, but I haven't had any luck finding it anywhere online.
As an aside. I just realized that I posted this in the wrong thread. (Should be violin + piano).
Alkanator
Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 2:00 am
Location: Canada

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby caostotale » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Here's a solo violin sonata from an Armenian composer/violinist who was born in Ethiopia. The bio can be seen at:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... bih%3D1059

The earlier two sonatas were gathered in a separate Armenian publication.

Tsolak V. BEKARYAN (BEKARIAN) (Armenia)
Sonata no. 3, for solo violin (1974)
Bekaryan - Sonata no. 3, for solo violin (1974).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:40 am

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby caostotale » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:16 pm

And another handful of Armenian works. The Khudoyan piece can be heard at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTm914OnVe0

Ruslan Sarkisovich GALSTYAN (GALSTIAN) (bio at http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... bih%3D1059 )
Sonata, for violin (1978)
Galstyan - Sonata, for solo violin (1978).pdf


Melik Babkenovich MAVISAKALYAN (MAVISAKALIAN) (bio at http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... bih%3D1059 )
Sonata, for solo violin (1978)
Mavisakalyan - Sonata, for solo violin (1978).pdf


Adam Gegamovich KHUDOYAN (KHUDOIAN) (bio at http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... dxC3k2lg7A )
Sonata, for solo violin (1980)
Khudoyan - Sonata, for solo violin (1980).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:40 am

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby Timtin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Here's something I didn't know until today about Bach's famous D minor Chaconne:-
If you exclude that passing high G that appears in the scale before the arpeggiando section, the highest note in the Chaconne is F#. This F# appears twice in quick succession. The first time is on the "and" of beat 3 in measure 158. Fractionally this beat occurs 5/6 of the way through the measure. If we turn this measure+beat into an irrational number we get 158.833333. There are 257 measures in the whole piece, so that relationship of that beat in the entire piece is 158.833333 / 257 = 0.618028533. The golden ratio is 1.61803398875, so either it's a coincidence, or Bach intentionally placed this note at virtually the exact interface of the major and minor golden sections.
Timtin
Pianomasochist
 
Posts: 1780
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: England

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby Ferruccio » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:07 am

Timtin wrote:Here's something I didn't know until today about Bach's famous D minor Chaconne:-
If you exclude that passing high G that appears in the scale before the arpeggiando section, the highest note in the Chaconne is F#. This F# appears twice in quick succession. The first time is on the "and" of beat 3 in measure 158. Fractionally this beat occurs 5/6 of the way through the measure. If we turn this measure+beat into an irrational number we get 158.833333. There are 257 measures in the whole piece, so that relationship of that beat in the entire piece is 158.833333 / 257 = 0.618028533. The golden ratio is 1.61803398875, so either it's a coincidence, or Bach intentionally placed this note at virtually the exact interface of the major and minor golden sections.



Oh Tim !! How did you get that ?
Best regards, Ferruccio
User avatar
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby Riodk » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:44 pm

I'm a bit worried about Tim.

Sure you are ok my friend ?

Riodk
Riodk
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby fredbucket » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Riodk wrote:Sure you are ok my friend ?

Tim has never been OK. That's why we like him...

Regards
Fred
User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Postby Ferruccio » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:36 pm

fredbucket wrote:
Riodk wrote:Sure you are ok my friend ?

Tim has never been OK. That's why we like him...

Regards
Fred



:D
But indeed, we like him!
Best regards, Ferruccio
User avatar
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Chamber Music discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest