Alkanator
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Cello
Classical Guitar
Recorders
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music for Solo Violin

Post by Alkanator »

Does anyone have a copy of Joseph Achron's Berceuse (Op.20)? It doesn't appear to be in any of the main archives with Achron's work.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Alkanator wrote:Does anyone have a copy of Joseph Achron's Berceuse (Op.20)? It doesn't appear to be in any of the main archives with Achron's work.
If you check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=671&hilit=jewish+descent there may be some links there for you to try.

Regards
Fred
Alkanator
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Cello
Classical Guitar
Recorders

Post by Alkanator »

Thanks, but none of those sites had this piece. According to WorldCat, it has been published, but I haven't had any luck finding it anywhere online.
As an aside. I just realized that I posted this in the wrong thread. (Should be violin + piano).
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

Here's a solo violin sonata from an Armenian composer/violinist who was born in Ethiopia. The bio can be seen at:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... bih%3D1059

The earlier two sonatas were gathered in a separate Armenian publication.

Tsolak V. BEKARYAN (BEKARIAN) (Armenia)
Sonata no. 3, for solo violin (1974)
Bekaryan - Sonata no. 3, for solo violin (1974).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

And another handful of Armenian works. The Khudoyan piece can be heard at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTm914OnVe0

Ruslan Sarkisovich GALSTYAN (GALSTIAN) (bio at http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... bih%3D1059 )
Sonata, for violin (1978)
Galstyan - Sonata, for solo violin (1978).pdf
Melik Babkenovich MAVISAKALYAN (MAVISAKALIAN) (bio at http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... bih%3D1059 )
Sonata, for solo violin (1978)
Mavisakalyan - Sonata, for solo violin (1978).pdf
Adam Gegamovich KHUDOYAN (KHUDOIAN) (bio at http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... dxC3k2lg7A )
Sonata, for solo violin (1980)
Khudoyan - Sonata, for solo violin (1980).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Here's something I didn't know until today about Bach's famous D minor Chaconne:-
If you exclude that passing high G that appears in the scale before the arpeggiando section, the highest note in the Chaconne is F#. This F# appears twice in quick succession. The first time is on the "and" of beat 3 in measure 158. Fractionally this beat occurs 5/6 of the way through the measure. If we turn this measure+beat into an irrational number we get 158.833333. There are 257 measures in the whole piece, so that relationship of that beat in the entire piece is 158.833333 / 257 = 0.618028533. The golden ratio is 1.61803398875, so either it's a coincidence, or Bach intentionally placed this note at virtually the exact interface of the major and minor golden sections.
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

Timtin wrote:Here's something I didn't know until today about Bach's famous D minor Chaconne:-
If you exclude that passing high G that appears in the scale before the arpeggiando section, the highest note in the Chaconne is F#. This F# appears twice in quick succession. The first time is on the "and" of beat 3 in measure 158. Fractionally this beat occurs 5/6 of the way through the measure. If we turn this measure+beat into an irrational number we get 158.833333. There are 257 measures in the whole piece, so that relationship of that beat in the entire piece is 158.833333 / 257 = 0.618028533. The golden ratio is 1.61803398875, so either it's a coincidence, or Bach intentionally placed this note at virtually the exact interface of the major and minor golden sections.

Oh Tim !! How did you get that ?
Best regards, Ferruccio
Riodk
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, but not very well :-)

Post by Riodk »

I'm a bit worried about Tim.

Sure you are ok my friend ?

Riodk
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Riodk wrote:Sure you are ok my friend ?
Tim has never been OK. That's why we like him...

Regards
Fred
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

fredbucket wrote:
Riodk wrote:Sure you are ok my friend ?
Tim has never been OK. That's why we like him...

Regards
Fred

:D
But indeed, we like him!
Best regards, Ferruccio