Miniatury Fortepianowe PWM

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Miniatury Fortepianowe PWM

Post by musiclife217 »

Incredible and much appreciated! I'm glad to have highlighted this unique series!
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

kamator wrote:Thanks Alfor for having updated the PWM MF list. As I said, only one entry is missing and I hope the search is on the way.

kamator
We are looking for:

Preludium e[-moll : op. 35 nr 1]; Scherzo e[-moll : op. 16 nr 2]
Verfasser/in: Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy; Zbigniew Drzewiecki; Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyczne.
Verlag: Kraków : Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyczne, [1984]
Serien: Miniatury Fortepianowe, 118.

Previously published as:

Verfasser/in: Felix Jakob Ludwig Mendelssohn-Bartholdy; Zbigniew Drzewiecki
Verlag: Kraków : Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyczne, cop. 1949.
Serien: Pedagogiczna Biblioteka Fortepianowa, z. 21.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
kamator
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by kamator »

Many thanks alfor for these very precise informations. I hope this Mendelssohn will be localized very soon. We are currently at

132/133=99.25%

with PWM Miniatury Fortepianowe !

kamator
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

kamator wrote:
Here is the last piece from the PWM's Miniatury Fortepianowe and at the same time
the last element which I have from this series.
According to my count we are COMPLETE !,
with one single exception:

Mendelssohn, Preludium and Scherzo, PWM, MF118.

Although this is not a particular rarity - I do not have it. May I lance an appeal to our Polish-connected friends
to go around, preferably in Poland, in order to hunt down this score. Alfor, please check everything once again with your list.
I am happy to have been able to accomplish this objective, before a mental breakdown caused by the usual fighting with scanner(s).Thanks for your interest and support.
Any comments are welcome.

kamator
Sorry if I may accidentally aroused your excitement if you think the missing MF 118 Mendelssohn, Felix – Preludium, Scherzo. No, I apologized that I don't have that.

Jean-Séb wrote:I found this file (NMS) on my HD. Maybe it is one of your older files, Alfor.
Zarebski op6 Grande Polonaise (PWM).pdf
My obsessive compulsion disorder simply gives me sleepless night because this MF123 Zarebski, Juliusz - Op06 - Grande Polonaise does not have a cover...... I am not too sure if anyone may happen to have an alternative scan which may come with cover??

musiclife217 wrote:would anyone be interested in a list for at least the piano volumes of "Schirmer's Library of Musical Classics" - there are some interesting and forgotten volumes for piano among these. I know that it is quite a large collection, but I wanted to throw the idea out there. I can, of course, help to get started. :)
Yes, we had all talked about it..... Please start a new thread for the series!!!
kamator

Post by kamator »

kamator wrote:Many thanks alfor for these very precise informations. I hope this Mendelssohn will be localized very soon. We are currently at

132/133=99.25%

with PWM Miniatury Fortepianowe !

kamator
I have not found yet the PWM Miniatury Fortepianowe edition of this Mendelssohn. But I did find the PWM edition of 1949 alluded to by Alfor. I attach it here.

kamator

PWM
Mendelssohn_ Preludium_and_Scherzo_e_PWM1949.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kamator

Post by kamator »

I believe the PWM Miniatury Edition is identical to this one but it may contain a nice commentary in Polish. I hope we shall find one day. kamator
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

soh choon wee wrote:
kamator wrote:
Here is the last piece from the PWM's Miniatury Fortepianowe and at the same time
the last element which I have from this series.
According to my count we are COMPLETE !,
with one single exception:

Mendelssohn, Preludium and Scherzo, PWM, MF118.

Although this is not a particular rarity - I do not have it. May I lance an appeal to our Polish-connected friends
to go around, preferably in Poland, in order to hunt down this score. Alfor, please check everything once again with your list.
I am happy to have been able to accomplish this objective, before a mental breakdown caused by the usual fighting with scanner(s).Thanks for your interest and support.
Any comments are welcome.

kamator
Sorry if I may accidentally aroused your excitement if you think the missing MF 118 Mendelssohn, Felix – Preludium, Scherzo. No, I apologized that I don't have that.

Jean-Séb wrote:I found this file (NMS) on my HD. Maybe it is one of your older files, Alfor.
Zarebski op6 Grande Polonaise (PWM).pdf
My obsessive compulsion disorder simply gives me sleepless night because this MF123 Zarebski, Juliusz - Op06 - Grande Polonaise does not have a cover...... I am not too sure if anyone may happen to have an alternative scan which may come with cover??

musiclife217 wrote:would anyone be interested in a list for at least the piano volumes of "Schirmer's Library of Musical Classics" - there are some interesting and forgotten volumes for piano among these. I know that it is quite a large collection, but I wanted to throw the idea out there. I can, of course, help to get started. :)
Yes, we had all talked about it..... Please start a new thread for the series!!!
I still would like to post a list, maybe in segments, of the Schirmer Volumes. There is a catalogue of sorts on IMSLP, but the volumes are grouped by composer and the catalogue only includes volumes up to a certain point in time/date.... I just think the awareness of the volumes is important - they may harbour some lost gems, of course! Can a new thread be created?
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Alternative alfor scans
(Sorry, kamator, my copy of Mozart isn't perfect, either,
but my scan is better! ;) )
MF 12 Mozart marsz turecki.pdf
MF 58 Schumann kolysanka.pdf
MF 71 Tchaikovski chanson triste.pdf
MF 82 Brahms intermezzo op. 118,6.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor