Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Phillip210
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Alfor's Rarities

Post by Phillip210 »

alfor wrote:RSL:

...and a tiny bit (429 pages) more Salonmusik published in end-19th century Sankt Petersburg:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dqpjllr705c031p
Thanks for that - it is interesting to see Russian collections of salon music and compare them with the American ones available from Sibley, plus collections I have bought here in UK.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

RSL Scans

Post by fredbucket »

Alfor has been kind enough to post a large number of scans from the RSL website. Whilst, as Tim has cogently pointed out, it is possible to scan the website directly, there is a case to be made for renaming the files in a more 'user-friendly' fashion. That does not, of course, prevent users from accessing the website directly.

Given that number, I would like to place them in this, a separate thread from RSL 1P2H scans. Alfor's Rarities should remain as Alfor's primary 'digging them up from obscurity' thread, but in future the admin team would like RSL scans in here.

1P4H and 2P4H scans should still go in their respective 1P4H and 2P4H threads.

Thanks for everyone's help in this. I will transfer messages already posted over the next few days.

Regards
Fred
(for the PP Admin team)
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Re: RSL Scans

Post by alfor »

Boccherini-Sondheimer Drei Poesien.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Yummo! All these interesting looking scores and I'm here on a boat on the Mosel with no piano! <sigh >

Alas, catching up with all this must wait for another week when I'm home.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

Alternative RSL scan (better quality):
Borodin-Chernov Symph. #2.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
Alexanderplatz

RSL Scans

Post by Alexanderplatz »

Great, to have this source!
But I wonder about the edition politics of the russians: the Années seems to be a volume without the counting of the other ones; whats about the etudes? Have they ever been released in this connection?
And: whats about the 2 series with transcriptions/paraphrases?
Has anyone lists with all the released volumes?
Ie: has this series ever come to a final end? Would be interesting, at least for me posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=915#.
Phillip210
Pianophiliac

Re: Alfor's Rarities - L Unico Köhler

Post by Phillip210 »

Phillip210 wrote:
Jean-Séb wrote:Fabulous collection. Thank you Alfor.
It is indeed an interesting collection, and has some fascinating pieces which I have not seen elsewhere (as I have indeed not seen anything from the publisher of the assembled works). I am intrigued by a couple of pieces by 'L. Unico Köhler'. I assume this is someone other than the study-composer and editor Louis Köhler, but I am not sure. Does anyone know?
Almost three years later, with the kind help of Jochen Guentzel, the webmaster of the Benjamin Bilse Archiv in Germany, I am now able to answer my own question. Unico Köhler was a German pianist, composer and teacher active in the mid-19th century in Liegnitz, Silesia (now Legnica, Poland).