Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: 4 hands on TWO pianos

Post by oren segev »

Mouchette wrote:
Schumaniano wrote:
fredbucket wrote:
oren segev wrote:Is there any good transcription for 2 pianos for the Brandenburg concertos?
4H1P yes (by Reger), 4H2P no...

Regards
Fred[/quot

Trancripciones for 4 hands are very bad. I know because I touched. Very uncomfortable and sometimes even impossible to interpret as experience (and as desperation ;-)) not bad touch.

Greetings
Breitkopf has published the six Brandeburg concertos 2P4H.
Thanks
Oren
cocorumcafe

Post by cocorumcafe »

HI, I am getting used to this new board right now. Looks very good!

I am getting two pianos programme together and I am looking for a piece by Russian composer who lived in Paris/or have strong connection with Paris.
Any suggestions?
Mouchette

Post by Mouchette »

cocorumcafe wrote:HI, I am getting used to this new board right now. Looks very good!

I am getting two pianos programme together and I am looking for a piece by Russian composer who lived in Paris/or have strong connection with Paris.
Any suggestions?
Stravinsky, my dear.
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

Mouchette wrote:
cocorumcafe wrote:HI, I am getting used to this new board right now. Looks very good!

Any suggestions?
Stravinsky, my dear.
And Alexander Tcherepnin!!!
Op. XXXIX

Post by Op. XXXIX »

rob wrote:And Alexander Tcherepnin!!!
Ah yes, that magnificent Rondo for 2 Pianos. (Probably still under copyright.)
kh0815

Post by kh0815 »

Schumaniano wrote:Trancripciones for 4 hands are very bad. I know because I touched. Very uncomfortable and sometimes even impossible to interpret as experience (and as desperation ;-)) not bad touch. ...
Frederic Meinders is a remarkable artist with an enormous ability to sing on and with the keys. Listen only to his own (in the first part LH) ravishing version of Saint-Saens' "Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix" from "Samson et Dalilah" (live Husum 2002 on danacord #609).

He once told me an alternative to Schumaniano's arguments (which I do not share at all): to play 4H music on - if available - two pianos. Maybe you have less physic contact with your duet partner, but you have your space as usual and - that's the real reason - in the best case you have two different tone colours at your disposal. That's the way he did with Joop Celis on their Debussy+Ravel string quartets transcriptions CD, some details see http://www.classicstoday.com/review.asp?ReviewNum=4687
isokani
Pianophiliac

Post by isokani »

Any suggestions?
If you don't mind tuning them a quarter-tone apart, there are some by Wyschnegradsky, Russian-born, lived in Paris. And two by Obukhov, which do not require retuning.
Schumaniano

Post by Schumaniano »

kh0815 wrote:
Schumaniano wrote:Trancripciones for 4 hands are very bad. I know because I touched. Very uncomfortable and sometimes even impossible to interpret as experience (and as desperation ;-)) not bad touch. ...
Frederic Meinders is a remarkable artist with an enormous ability to sing on and with the keys. Listen only to his own (in the first part LH) ravishing version of Saint-Saens' "Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix" from "Samson et Dalilah" (live Husum 2002 on danacord #609).

He once told me an alternative to Schumaniano's arguments (which I do not share at all): to play 4H music on - if available - two pianos. Maybe you have less physic contact with your duet partner, but you have your space as usual and - that's the real reason - in the best case you have two different tone colours at your disposal. That's the way he did with Joop Celis on their Debussy+Ravel string quartets transcriptions CD, some details see http://www.classicstoday.com/review.asp?ReviewNum=4687
Can be interesting to practice the works for four hands when you have two pianos, but it does not easier touch them when in their original form are too uncomfortable and even impossible to play properly
WCosand
Pianophiliac

Post by WCosand »

Any suggestions?
Medtner opus 58?
isokani
Pianophiliac

Post by isokani »

very good idea!